Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2012 Edwards Red Sparkle Single Cut w/ DiMarzio Pickups - $900

Here's something you don't see every day. An Edwards red sparkle finished single-cut with some upgraded Dimarzio pickups. The model number is E-LP-108SD and from what I can tell was a limited run of sparkle guitars. The spec page is here:

https://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/lp/E-LP-108SD.html

The guitar was made in Japan and has traditional specs, mahogany body (1 piece) & neck and a maple cap. That's where tradition stops as the top is finished with an eye-popping red sparkle that, well, sparkles. The guitar originally came with a set of Duncans, but has been upgraded with a set of double black DiMarzios, a Super Distortion at the bridge and 36th Anniversary PAF at the neck to give it a more aggressive tone than the Duncans. Some of the hardware has been changed to matching black (strap buttons and switch tip). It plays nicely up and down the neck. 

I would describe its condition as very good. There are a few minor dings around the back edge and one small one at the top of the headstock. There's also a small finish crack near the nut (finish only). See the pictures.

IMO, this is a great gigging guitar. Great single-cut tone that won't break the bank and a top that will be stunning under the lights. It will include the original ESP gig bag. $900 shipped and paypal'd.

A couple pics below, more here: https://1drv.ms/a/s!AoLRRT1O_HxX0mZdbTG1aeM-Tqye

y4m1YjVBO-Zc-lK2FXy_eueeZ8vwnQDrLreUTkWJ

y4miDvpHOX24oW95_MR1bH1zOMELuWhT_10gq82z

42 minutes ago, Montelovesco said:

The longer I stare at the finish the more I love the sparkle. One day I should get myself a sparkled one... GLWTS!

I know a guy...

These ESP's are truly a great value and will pleasantly surprise you with the build quality (regardless of price).

I've played a few and still own a JP version that's a keeper.

This sparkle finish is an awesome addition to their line.  if I was in toy "buying" mode this would probably be gone.

Very cool guitar.

GLWTS.

17 hours ago, Stike said:

I know a guy...

And here's an example of his uncanny ability for shooting sexy sparkly ruby reds on ESPs ...

IMG_9363.JPG

18788713_10212723024810965_1993933584_n.jpg

Archived