Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Funny CL Ad

1 hour ago, Dana_V said:

@shankyboy, you're in Round Rock? I live in Pflugerville (with a RR address). Small world, eh?

Yes sir. I am right by the Dell Diamond off of Hwy 79. Do you ever make it over to the Roadhouse for their Thursday night jam?

2 hours ago, shankyboy said:

Yes sir. I am right by the Dell Diamond off of Hwy 79. Do you ever make it over to the Roadhouse for their Thursday night jam?

Very cool. I don't make it to the jams very often. Between the day job, two bands and being a single parent (widower) to a middle-school-age daughter, I just don't have any time.

One of my bands, The Rhythm Dawgs, has played at the Roadhouse on a regular basis since 1999 (back when it was called Gabriel's). We're doing our 20th anniversary show there in December. We also play at Hardtails in Georgetown fairly regularly. With the Dawgs I usually only bring three or four guitars, but with my other band, SUIT... well...last time at the Alcove (formerly Junior 's) in Round Rock I brought 19 plus a lap steel. Pretty ridiculous. 😏

How about you? Do you play out much?

Posting a Craigslist ad starting with the words 'Are you 15?' somehow creeps me out.  And what IS it with people winding their guitar strings on the tuner post the wrong way, is this some kinda hip new trend?  It must be, as I've never done that, even by accident.

14 hours ago, crunchee said:

And what IS it with people winding their guitar strings on the tuner post the wrong way, is this some kinda hip new trend?

Good eye, I didn't even notice that. Since the high E is the only one that way it almost makes me think it could be on purpose. Almost.

Archived