Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Lets Talk Tele Necks.

bubs_42

For some unknown reason, I just purchased another Tele Body. Now I need to find a neck, but the all parts neck that I want i'm having trouble finding. 9.5 Radius, C Shape, non aged, 21 frets, thin board. I think I would be willing to due a 10" Radius and a 22 fret neck but I want it to be really close to these MIJ Necks I have on my other two. Do I have any other options? I don't want a thick slab board, the MIJ Necks were the 80's 62 Reissue necks. 

If you are willing to wait, a local luthier here will make you one to your exact specs.....probably there where you are too. Price here is very reasonable. Just an idea.

You could also ask the dude on the Stratosphere site....if anyone will have the actual Fender necks you’re looking for it’s probably him.

@Jakeboy I did reach out to him, he had some that were close. I wanted the Allparts because it was right on the same specs, but is no longer on the website. I didn't want to use a MIJ on this build, because i'm going with a Matching Headstock. I bought a RS Guitarworks body for $112 bucks. I'm thinking of routing the neck out for a Bucker and doing a tele up like Nancy Wilson's. Maybe not the same color, but the same setup. 

I'm also thinking of ditching the Offset body that is on my last Tele Mashup, so I can build out a Tele Custom. 

How about a Warmoth neck? You could go with a Vintage/Modern tele neck with the Standard Thin profile (C shaped, .800 at 1st fret, .850 at 12th fret) with 10-16" compound radius and 21 or 22 frets for $157 plus shipping. You could also upgrade to a 9.5 constant radius for another $35 if the compound isn't your thing.  I've had a few warmoths and they are pretty good (some need levelling as I think warmoth just presses the frets in and sometimes leaves a couple tall ones lol); some trusted friends swear by Musikraft but they are a little pricier. 

My primary guitar is a beater with a warmoth V/M with the compound radius, boatneck contour and maple/maple fingerboard.  Everyone who plays that guitars wants to buy it or steal it lol.

Warmoth definitely will have many more selections in terms of size and shape.  After owning a 2008 american standard tele, I decided that any further tele I own MUST have that shape and type of neck. My 2012 does.

Musikraft is THE BEST, hands down.  Check out their website - you can build a neck to your specs that is good to go out if the box.

Archived