Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My 1980 Standard in 1980

Camstone

Ran into my ex-wife over the weekend and she gave me some old photographs that she had run across. I didn't know that I had ever had any pictures of me playing my 1980 Hamer Standard that I ordered in 1979. The pic is B&W, but is kind of a cool shot of me with my old Standard at the band's rehearsal space in 1980. I was 22 years old and working in a guitar store. Sold the guitar in 1982 when I got married.

Hamer Standard 1980.jpeg

5 hours ago, crunchee said:

Nice, very cool indeed!  I wonder where this Standard is at nowadays?

I wish I knew. I still have the warranty card and the thank you letter from Jol & Paul somewhere.

Here's a spliced double pic of the guitar. This picture is also from 1980.

Standard 425_zpsigbcfdm9.jpg

Cool pic. People didn't shoot all that much before the digital revolution. You are lucky the print is in good condition.

My ex never showed the decency to return any photos. You got your mojo workin.

On 9/10/2018 at 7:23 PM, Camstone said:

Ran into my ex-wife over the weekend....

And she got back up? You're doing it wrong.

That's a great shot and you're fortunate to get it back. My first ex-wife (the current Mrs.) will burn it all.

Here's another picture that she gave me that's from the same era/band. I'm on the right playing a black Les Paul Pro that I had at the time and the other guitarist is Harvey Besaw playing my 1977 Hamer Sunburst. Nice leather pants Cam......lol

Cam & Harvey.jpeg

On 9/15/2018 at 10:24 AM, Camstone said:

Here's another picture that she gave me that's from the same era/band. I'm on the right playing a black Les Paul Pro that I had at the time and the other guitarist is Harvey Besaw playing my 1977 Hamer Sunburst. Nice leather pants Cam......lol

Cam & Harvey.jpeg

You guys look like you should be in two completely different bands.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:55 AM, Steve Haynie said:

Anvil flight cases were the sign of being a rock star!  In 1980 I would have gotten one if I could.  It did not need to fit anything, either. 

I had a Rhodes 73 in high school that came with an Anvil Case when I bought it used. As if the damn thing wasn't heavy enough on its own.

Archived