Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS Hamer Miller from The Ultimate book!

Hey all – It’s been some time since I’ve been around these parts, not playing as much as I used to and definitely not making any major guitar purchases as I still have a kid in college taking all my spare change!  I’ve decided to let my Hamer Miller go to help fund said college expenses, this one was purchased 3 years ago this month from Steve Matthes/serial.  This is the Miller that is in The Ultimate book, which imho makes it a little more special than most.  The pics were taken by serial back when I got it from him but it is in the same condition as when purchased, has maybe 2 hours total playing time on it from me. Not much else to say except I’d like to see it stay in the family here and that’s why I'm posting here first before Ebay, Reverb, etc.  I’ll be happy to take more specific pics for anyone that’s interested, I’m at work at the moment and this was the quickest way to get it up for viewing.  Below is a direct quote from serial via PM concerning this particular guitar.

“No scratches, dings, gouges, etc that I could find other than some minor polishing swirls by the knobs. The logo decal has bubbled up a little by the bridge. I've had three of these and they all have this-this one is less noticeable than the others, but it's still minor (see pic). The tone pot has been switched out to a push/pull. Frets are in great shape, strings have been on there since the photo shoot for the book, but it's been out only once or twice since the shoot. Very cool guitar.”

I’d like to get $1750 shipped (sorry US only) and Paypal'd and I will also include my copy of the book, The Ultimate, with the purchase of this fine and historical instrument.  Questions etc just shoot me a message and we’ll go from there…thanks! 

hamer1.jpg

hamer2.jpg

hamer3.jpg

hamer4.jpg

hamer5.jpg

hamer6.jpg

7 hours ago, LucSulla said:

What's the neck like on these guitars?

It's definitely on the thin side, but in my opinion it feels great and I mainly play a LP.  I agree with DBraz's assessment, it's a great playing guitar and it would be staying in the stable if I didn't need to help my kiddo out with some college expenses.  I'm trying my best to get him thru school so he comes out debt free, then he's on his own :)

Yours has a really nice finish on the back, many had next to no clear coat shot over the gold and were buffed out in a real hurry.

BEAUTY !

On 9/13/2018 at 6:10 PM, LucSulla said:

I so wish I had the money for that.  For the band and bars I'm playing, it would be the ultimate guitar. 

I was thinking the same. For most of rural NC (and for the rural communities near Oxford, MS--not "the Grove", mind you), I'm pretty sure that a guitar brandishing the logo of any watered-down American-brewed pilsner would resonate with the average bar crowd.

• 2 months later...

So my oldest graduated with honors from college this past weekend, and at that point I was thinking "one down and one to go!".  Well that has all of the sudden changed, as my youngest has decided that college is not for him and is not going back next semester :( Needless to say I'm concerned and a little bummed, but he's 19 and able to make big boy decisions now whether or not they are to my liking.  He's already got a full time gig at a Cheesecake Factory and is pretty excited about it all, even thinking he may try out culinary school next year?  Bottom line is it's his life and I just want him to be happy, and hopefully not homeless ;)

And I say all of this to get to my point:  Since I don't have to worry about paying for his Spring semester next year, I'm taking the Miller off the market for now.  I may decide to sell again at some point down the road, but for now it's staying put :)      

On 12/21/2018 at 9:52 AM, oldskoolrulz said:

So my oldest graduated with honors from college this past weekend, and at that point I was thinking "one down and one to go!".  Well that has all of the sudden changed, as my youngest has decided that college is not for him and is not going back next semester :( Needless to say I'm concerned and a little bummed, but he's 19 and able to make big boy decisions now whether or not they are to my liking.  He's already got a full time gig at a Cheesecake Factory and is pretty excited about it all, even thinking he may try out culinary school next year?  Bottom line is it's his life and I just want him to be happy, and hopefully not homeless ;)

And I say all of this to get to my point:  Since I don't have to worry about paying for his Spring semester next year, I'm taking the Miller off the market for now.  I may decide to sell again at some point down the road, but for now it's staying put :)      

Well, thank you. Maybe by the time you relist it, I'll have enough money saved to be in the mix of bidders.

On 12/21/2018 at 6:52 AM, oldskoolrulz said:

Really glad you get to keep it, that is a classic and huge props your way to try and get your kids out of college debt free, that is really admirable. 

PS None of us really knew what to do at 19... 

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update:  got a PM from a long time forum member asking me to keep him in mind if I decided to sell again, and after giving it some thought I’ve decided to part with this sweet little guitar.  So it’s going to a good home and sounds as if it will actually get played/gigged, as it was meant to be :) 

Archived