Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Gibson ES-335 at a blowout price

Appears to be some Chibson action. They are still cheap even by those standards, but they probably wouldn't even burn good.

https://juboin.com/index.php?main_page=conditions

Your purchases will be sent directly by courier from China to your door. You will receive an email with your order confirmation number and your shipping tracking number. With this tracking number you can track the progress of your purchase.

They are also referred to as 'replica products' on that page.

I dunno. The price is in markdown Indonesian territory. It's a closeout from a 2016 product. It's a Gibson USA. You could probably flip it for a few hundred dollars to anyone who did't get the memo. Or you could keep it and still have a somewhat authentic ES-335 you could beat to death until you're done with it. What's not to like (except Gibson)?

7 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I dunno. The price is in markdown Indonesian territory. It's a closeout from a 2016 product. It's a Gibson USA. You could probably flip it for a few hundred dollars to anyone who did't get the memo. Or you could keep it and still have a somewhat authentic ES-335 you could beat to death until you're done with it. What's not to like (except Gibson)?

If you read everything carefully, in the section "Shipping & Returns" it clearly states: "The Pictures are only for reference, please see the material object for detailed information." which can be interpreted as: "we have stolen these pictures from Gibson in order to fool gullible idiots because NO WAY would we be selling genuine Gibsons for this price out of China".

Would you really want to deal with the bad karma and probably pissed off Customs Agents for trying to 'flip'/pass off a Chibson as the real thing??!!

I am no great fan of Gibson's business model/pratices but does anyone really want to kick a struggling american company/institution when they are already on their knees by buying/importing obviously conterfeit and most probably, crap instruments??!!

For $100, I'm half tempted to grab one to see just how bad the current counterfeit market is.  Could be firewood.  Could be a fun little test bed for mods...

2 hours ago, kizanski said:

You don't have $100 bucks to invest in garnering favor from your new forumites, n00b? 

I recently lost my job, so burning a C note as a test, isn't happening.  I am thinking I may have to sell a guitar soon too.

I lurked here for quite a while, finally joined, and you seem like such a cool group.  Enjoying the site.  Peace

51 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Kiz is only breaking balls. He was kidding you. Although he may just jump back on the post to tell you he's dead serious LOL.

Sorry to hear about you losing your job. Hope you find a new job soon. Then you'd better pony-up that C-Note!

Welcome to the HFC!

Thanks, and I know he was kidding, and hope to add Hamer to my arsenal soon,

13 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

I can help with that you know. 

I knew someone would step up.  I am actually looking at a project guitar near where I live.  It's listed as a Hamer Slammer Korean LP Jr .  Having trouble contacting the owner, so will see how it goes.

3 hours ago, Spinaltap said:

I knew someone would step up.  I am actually looking at a project guitar near where I live.  It's listed as a Hamer Slammer Korean LP Jr .  Having trouble contacting the owner, so will see how it goes.

No.
Find something without the "Slammer" and the "Korean" and get back to us.
Don't waste your time or money on the Korean stuff.

On 9/19/2018 at 5:21 AM, Spinaltap said:

Oh . . . . and the hook is set!  Nice work G-Daddy!  :D

Welcome to the HFC.  There is no finer group of Hamer enablers on this Earth.   

Speaking of that, I do have this USA Blitz project  . . . . . 

Was that subtle?   :)

Archived