Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Un-Kahlered Blitz in ATL

• bigolsparky changed the title to PSA: De-Kahlered Blitz in ATL

Appears quite nice to me. Price is alright too. Would have pulled the trigger on that one.

original pickups - tuners - sustain block long gone  . Finish looks like a refin but color is uniform through out and serial number still intact  - neck has an odd texture different than rest of guitar but again uniform with rest .Matthes bros , is this a standard Hamer color ?  Pretty solid guitar . 

RED BLITZ -1.jpg

RED BLITZ -2.jpg

RED BLITZ-3.jpg

thought may be refin because neck is not as smooth as rest of guitar - slight roughness like it was re cleared . who knows ???  

Bought for $400 - hesitate to post that as I may recycle this one back to the masses ala ebay - reverb . needed a correct case for an 86 blitz so will keep that for sure , that was worth the effort and expense alone .   

RED BLITZ-4.jpg

9 hours ago, bodp471 said:

original pickups - tuners - sustain block long gone  . Finish looks like a refin but color is uniform through out and serial number still intact  - neck has an odd texture different than rest of guitar but again uniform with rest .Matthes bros , is this a standard Hamer color ?  Pretty solid guitar . 

RED BLITZ -1.jpg

RED BLITZ -2.jpg

RED BLITZ-3.jpg

Candy Apple Red - the most common Hamer color for about 3-4 years in the 1980s.   They put that $#!+ on EVERYTHING!! :D

Maybe "Lazer Pearl"?  I think that came later though.

Archived