Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just got my Newport from UPS!!!

Wow, this is a really nice guitar!!!! I posted a couple of days ago when I bought it. Well it is now here. It is a 2002 Newport in natural finish.

I have an import Hamer Echotone which I have modifed to be a really nice guitar with Lollar pickups, CTS pots, Switchcraft jack and switch, a bone nut, Grover Imperial Rotomatic tuner and a Nashville brige. I am happy with my import Hamer but I am totally blown away by this Hamer USA. Glad I finally made the jump. I won't be selling the Echotone anytime soon because I am so attached to it, but it may not be getting much playing time. Hamer USA guitars are worth the extra dollars. The imports are nice for what they are, but they aren't close to the quality of the Hamer USA.

The binding on my guitar is loose, it cracked where someone set it down too hard, what glue should I use to glue the binding back down before it breaks off.

Yeah the first owner was very rough. :rolleyes:

I took it to my guitar tech for repair. He is going to charge me $60 to fix it. I checked out the Hamer service list and my regular tech's name was on it so I decided just to take it in. This guitar plays to well and sound great so I wanted to make sure I fixed it right. Yeah, I know the Sperzels aren't stock. I think they look a little funny too. I will see how they work and if I have any problems, I will be right back to the orginal Grovers with Imperial type knobs. I have a set here at home already if I need them.

I am trying to order the missing truss rod cover from Hamer. I am having problems hooking up with the service guy, hope I can get him soon. I know how much it is, $20, but I need to talk to him to give him my credit card.

Archived