Hamer Fan Club Message Center

new Jeff Watson Signature

Eh, the Hamer Watsons put that thing to shame. I mean, it's nice and all. But it looks like one of the Dean Hardtail Exotics, or any one of the other double cutaway "PRS knockoffs." The Hamer Watson is a unique looking piece of artwork that, from what I've heard, sounds absolutely amazing. Just one guy's opinion over here.

I think I was more struck by the fact that it seems like a huge step down from the Hamer Watson days...the Watson being truly boutique whereas this is...well it may not suck per se but it ain't nowhere in the same league.

Guest big steve

well,it could be ed roman ,but i doubt it,since that korean company is already tooled up to make those guitars,why shouldn't they just farm out some more for the non- u.s. market.i dont think ed roman could do anything about it.

isn't that a common practice anyway? change the headstock a little ,a diff name on the guitar,and pump them out?

well,it could be ed roman ,but i doubt it,since that korean company is already tooled up to make those guitars ... i dont think ed roman could do anything about it....

That may account for why it's not being exported from Korea.

looks cool.. what are they running $$

not really the same shape as the original Hamer Watson pretty much a whole new model for Jeff.. definately looks alot more like a Baker althought the treble cutaway is different the a baker..

you might just be right that this is the company thats

building Roman's "improved" Baker ( yeah right ed ) Ed says they are made in japan but i've heard there actually are made in Korea

Guest teefus2

spalted wood sure is pretty to look at. don't think of it much as a tone contributor. it is very weak and fragile. i like it more on furniture than guitars.

Archived