Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who uses a minimalist approach to effects?

I can abuse rotary sim like crazy, I have a H&K rotoshpere that I'll use on every tune for 3 months and then quit using it for 3 months LOL

I have one of these but I haven't used it in a long time. Doesn't sound good in my current rig, needs an intensity control. I would rather use a Motion Sound speaker.

I have one of these but I haven't used it in a long time. Doesn't sound good in my current rig, needs an intensity control. I would rather use a Motion Sound speaker.

I'm tellin' ya, buy a used POD 2.0 and turn everything but the rotary off.

I'm using the rotary + cabs in Guitar Rig 2 now and they sound amazing, but I'm the first to admit that playing guitar through a laptop is still pretty much a PITA.

I could get away with no FX whatsoever in the Cult tribute band, but I run through my board anyway and sprinkle in some OD, wah and trem. With the space jam band, gotta add delay in order to get really weird.

At every gig I try to use no effect.

However, I have a BJF Honeybee and Clark Gainster for overdrives if my amp is way too loud for the room.

I have a Keeley Java boost if the amp is just a little too loud for the room.

And if the amp is the right size for the room I just use a cord.

With my band I get this right and use no effects about 75% of the time. At a open jam I use effects about 90% of the time because I always bring a bigger amp to make sure I can hang in there with the guys that play too loud.

I also occasionally use my 63' Reissue Fender Tube Reverb Tank, and a Arion Chorus for the Lesslie type tones.

4 Racks with multi, 2 Wahs, Overdrive, BBE, Aphex Exciter, rocktron NitroGE 7, AMp Machine.

I have no sense of purity.

I am a dirty dirty man.

I don't know what a clean guitar should sound like.

Angus plays pure. I emulate his tone with what I've got. I am lost and confused.

I also play in my living room so I am not open to much criticism.

I LOVE effects :lol:

I also love the sound of a great guitar plugged into a great amp and nuthin else. I spend most of my money on great guitar so I am lacking in great amp department... :D

This is my basic rig right now:

ZoomRig1.JPG

devoted simplistic minimalist.

guitar, cord, DOD VibroThang, cord, amp. The most recent amp was a Fender Deluxe Ltd Ed. Before that it was a Mesa Mk IV. Selling the Mesa was a mental error on my part. Sometimes it was a Matchless Clubman A/B'd with a Fender Pro Jr.

noonan

I could get away with no FX whatsoever in the Cult tribute band, but I run through my board anyway and sprinkle in some OD, wah and trem. With the space jam band, gotta add delay in order to get really weird.

Wasn't there a lot of delay and chorus in the 'Love' album stuff?

Depends on the band.

In a two guitar band I only use a clean boost and a tuner.

If I'm the only guitar player I use a more to add some variety and to "fill out" the sound - delay, compressor, overdrive, tremolo, tuner.

i have a couple pedals on the floor at all times but i don't really find myself using them as much as i thought i would. i use delay and wah the most out of all of them. flanger just ends up being a noise making tool

Wasn't there a lot of delay and chorus in the 'Love' album stuff?

Oh god yes. The other guitar player handles all that (and does a damn good job I might add). I just bash out the crunchy rhythms.

KeyOfZ, what are you using the laptop for in your rig? Is that for recording? Or for editing Zoom patches? Or what?

Always curious when I see someone else suffering... er performing... with a high-tech rig. :D

KeyOfZ, what are you using the laptop for in your rig? Is that for recording? Or for editing Zoom patches? Or what?

Always curious when I see someone else suffering... er performing... with a high-tech rig. :D

Stock hinges on that laptop or an aftermarket upgrade?

KeyOfZ, what are you using the laptop for in your rig?  Is that for recording?  Or for editing Zoom patches?  Or what?

Always curious when I see someone else suffering... er performing... with a high-tech rig.   :lol:

Stock hinges on that laptop or an aftermarket upgrade?

LOL....yeah this is my basic recording rig for getting ideas down.

The big mamojamma rig looks exactly the same only there is a big beefy PC in place of the laptop. My band always shows up on time though :D

I recorded this with this same setup (more or less)

Damnation Game

Nah, I've been hinge-free since the 90's. You cats are just showing your age at this point. :D

(OK, maybe not the 90's, but it's been YEARS already!)

Archived