Hamer Fan Club Message Center

parts hunt begins

Ok, I recently acquired a project phantom GT and I need to start hunting down parts for it to try and resurrect this poor guitar. I need a pickguard, a kahler whammy bar (black), and one of those black brushed aluminum backplates (looks like a long oval shape. The original pickguard is just a piece of it left so I have nothing to use as a template. Anyone got any of this stuff laying around in their parts piles? Also, where can I get those little black screws hamer used to attach the pickguards and parts? Wish me luck, this ones going to take some serious work.

Check here for an aluminum backplate, and possibly the Kahler bar: www.fretsonthenet.com. Tell Dave that Travis sent ya.

Jason - do you have a shot of the back? I have several odd (as in not the Standard/Studio triangle shaped) anodized aluminum Hamer backplates that I have no use for and would gladly send you one if I should happen to have what ya need.

Wow my lisdexia must be kickin!

When I first read the subject of this thread I though it said:

Pants Hurt begins.

This is something entirely differnent. :)

I'll check to see if I've got a backplate, I doubt it, but I was looking through some of my Hamer parts stash over the weekend for some Prototype parts that I knew I had and I've got a ton of stuff in there that I forgot about...

Jason - I don't have a backplate for that particular one. I don't recall seeing that style before.

I'll post one of your pics from home tonight to see if anybody else has one like that. It looks similar to an old (pre-#0100) 4-digit Standard plate instead of the triangular style.

Here's a pic:

post-4-1148344914_thumb.jpg

Archived