Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Washington DC Gathering - July 29th!

Greetings, HFC Forumites! As promised, here is the information for the first-ever DC Gathering:

WHEN: Saturday July 29th

WHERE: Olney, MD

The Olney Tavern - 18101 Town Center Drive

Map HERE!

WHAT: A Down With The Man gig with HFC attendees welcome as special sit-in guests, preceded bv a pre-gig private reception at Rocketeria to gawk at stuff (LOTS of Hamers including personal collection stuff and some historically significant pieces) and group dinner.

Rocketeria will close to the general public at 6pm, at which time y'all

will be invited to stay. Many cool guitars will be on display and beer/wine/cheese/etc. will be served for our guests. From there, we'll assemble for a group dinner (location TBD but close by), then off to the evening's festivities!

AIRPORTS:

Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)1 Aviation Cir, Washington, DC (20.68 miles away)

(Metro Accessible to METRO (subway) Red Line destinations)

Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)PO Box 8766, Baltimore, MD (21.55 miles away)

Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)

Chantilly, VA (24.45 miles away)

If you're renting a car the easiest "get" to Olney is BWI. Reagan

National will get you *close* but not all the way to Olney via Metro

Rail's Red Line. Only opt Dulles if Chris B., Seeker Dave or Mark B. promise to

pick you up and bring you out.

Note to out-of-towners, call/email Chris Matthes or Dave Peers with your arrival times and ground transportation to talk you through DC traffic timing!

HOTELS:

We recommend finding a hotel in Rockville, MD, near the Rockville or Twinbrook Metro (subway) stops. Lots of choices, easy to get into DC for sightseeing/monument hopping, a simple 15 minute drive to Olney. We'll post details on specific recommendations here later, but the Doubletree Rockville should be closest to the Twinbrook station.

Other events in the area on Friday include Y&T, Yardbirds, Kenny Chesney & American Idols Live! More details on fun things going on in the DC area that weekend as we get them in...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right on. There are also walking distance hotels near the Shady Grove stop. Please RSVP to this thread BY JULY 1ST if you're coming and need a room. Ariana (my lovely wife) will then look into group rates and we'll set up a concrete Cen-Com. We will also look into shuttle service so that partiers can get back to the hotel safely. Stay tuned.

Song list will be posted within the next day or so. Let us know what you want to play on what song and we'll make it happen. If you'd like to do something not on the list, just post it here and we'll work it up.

As promised, a song list:

ABBA-Dancing Queen (Yayhoos version)

AUDIOSLAVE-Doesn't Remind Me

BEATLES-I’ve Just Seen A Face

BEATLES-Paperback Writer

BLACK CROWES-Remedy

BOWIE, DAVID-Space Oddity

CHICAGO-Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is

CLASH-I Fought the Law

COSTELLO, ELVIS-Peace, Love & Understanding

CULT-She Sells Sanctuary

DADA-Dim

DEF LEPPARD-Pour Some Sugar On Me

DEGRAW, GAVIN-I Dont Want to Be

DIAMOND, NEIL-Cherry Cherry

DIAMOND, NEIL-Sweet Caroline

FASTBALL-The Way

FOREIGNER-Dirty White Boy

HONEYMOON SUITE-New Girl Now

INXS-Never Tear Us Apart

J. GEILS BAND-Love Stinks

JOEL, BILLY-You May Be Right

JOHN, ELTON-Bennie And The Jets

KAISER CHIEFS-I Predict A Riot

KILLERS-All These Things That I’ve Done

KNACK-Good Girls Don’t

MAROON 5-This Love

OASIS-Champagne Supernova

PETTY, TOM-American Girl

PETTY, TOM-The Waiting

PINK FLOYD-Comfortably Numb

PINK FLOYD-Wish You Were Here

QUEEN-Crazy Lil Thing Called Love

RADIOHEAD-The Bends

SCHOOL OF FISH-3 Strange Days

SCISSOR SISTERS-Take Your Mama Out

SCISSOR SISTERS-Laura

SIMON & GARFUNKEL-Mrs. Robinson

SUBLIME-What I Got

VILOENT FEMMES-Add It Up

VIOLENT FEMMES-Blister In The Sun

YOUNG, NEIL-Cinammon Girl

MARVELOUS 3-Sugarbuzz (Stike-Guitar, needs singer)

SHAZAM-Calling Sidney-(Carmie-Vox/Guitar? George?)

CHEAP TRICK-If You Want My Love (Poe-Vox)

BAD COMPANY-Rock Steady (Poe-Vox, Stike-Guitar, Kiz-Guitar)

POP, IGGY-I Wanna Be Your Dog (Gary-Guitar)

POP, IGGY-Search & Destroy (Gary-Guitar)

DIAMOND, NEIL-Cherry Cherry (George-Bass)

ROLLING STONES-Live With Me (Carmie, Bruce)

Keep in mind that this is just a typical set list - we've got more that's not on there and are open to pulling down songs/stuff YOU guys want to play. If we don't know it, we'll learn it (or at least get our drummer behind it!).

Will I get cool points if I bring Terry Anderson with me?

Hey Chris/Dave, wanna work up M3's "Sugarbuzz"? I've always wanted an excuse to learn it.

Will I get cool points if I bring Terry Anderson with me?

Umm, yeah.

Hey Chris/Dave, wanna work up M3's "Sugarbuzz"? I've always wanted an excuse to learn it.

I'm down with Marvelous 3 but you'd need to sing it Stike. Can do?

If nobody bum-rushes the stage area, we could see if our drummer would take that one on! :D

I am not familiar with that song, but I will download it and get back to you guys. If its in my range I will do it.

Thanks Poe. I'm puttin' you down for If You Want My Love as well...

I'm flying in Saturday morning, I booked a room and car but can cancel it. I would rather stay at command central hotel and shuttle service sounds good because I'm going to party like its 1975 or whatever year was my big party year. Can't remember!

I'm flying in Saturday morning, I booked a room and car but can cancel it. I would rather stay at command central hotel and shuttle service sounds good because I'm going to party like its 1975 or whatever year was my big party year. Can't remember!

Right on. We need proper RSVP's here folks so we can get a hotel deal going! If you're an out of towner but don't want in on a group rate, please let us know!

Gary Cooper, what song is it you wanna play?

I wasn't planning on bringing a guitar or playing since I was going to party down!

But I could play the rythm part on I Wanna be your Dog by the Stooges or maybe the Clash I fought the Law.

I wasn't planning on bringing a guitar or playing since I was going to party down!

But I could play the rythm part on I Wanna be your Dog by the Stooges or maybe the Clash I fought the Law.

I Fought The Law. Added. You can use onre of our fiddles...

We're flying into Baltimore Friday afternoon & renting a car. Add us to the Command Central gang! Great song list - I'll brush up on vocals & George is up for ANY Neil Diamond you can throw at him, Cheap Trick or whatever bass duties.

Bruce, how 'bout an encore of Live With Me?

Chris, if you've figured out how to play Calling Sydney, send me the chords. I'm also good for Sunshine Tonite or Some Other Time.

This is gonna be great!

Kiz:

You and Poe on Rock Steady? No problems!

Bruce:

NOBODY sleeps around here, man!

Archived