Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Since we're not getting any younger

What's the worst thing about getting older?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." My favorite Steven Tyler quote. I went with getting fat. The hair thing is just a natural progression that will occur. If that is my journey, I'm ok with it. Someday I will get me one of them Joe Satriani cuts and wear great shades. I found a great pair of Red ones for that day. ;););)

Life IS Good ladies and gentlemen and I aint gonna let a few creaking bones keep me to down. Where's the motrin? :P

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hellrider67

Mike Reno with Loverboy last fall at Epcot: ;)

I'll give them credit though, they sounded really good, and his voice was right on the money.

post-2-1149903492_thumb.jpg

43. Hair's still good. Health's okay (give or take a gallbladder). I wouldn't know about the libido slowing down...who's got time for sex between work and family?

How about just getting motivated to do the daily work grind, knowing I've got another 25 years until retirement?

-Jonathan

I gotta go with getting creaky, like throwing out my back carrying the 4x12 up & downstairs ( I DON'T need help fer chrissakes, I'm a MAN) or the arthritis setting in the knuckles of my fret hand, or my knee aching all winter or.......Grandad told me that getting old ain't for sissies.

Yeah, there is another issue that I've had to deal with - sleep apena. Anybody else stapping themselves up at night to a machine that makes you sound like Lord Vader? ;)

Yeah, there is another issue that I've had to deal with - sleep apena.  Anybody else stapping themselves up at night to a machine that makes you sound like Lord Vader?  ;)

Ben, my dad needed to be hooked up to one of those. He had it so bad he sounded like Lord Vader through about 10 kilowatts of PA system. His bedroom was above mine during my teenage years and I'd wake up every morning with drywall and acoustic tile dust on my covers, in my face, etc.

Hope that's working better for you. Is that a permanent thing or more like sleeping 'training wheels' (for lack of a better term)?

Yeah, there is another issue that I've had to deal with - sleep apena. Anybody else stapping themselves up at night to a machine that makes you sound like Lord Vader? ;)

No machine but I didn't even think of sleep. Since I've had kids I've been conditioned to not be able to sleep late. My wife and I trade sleep late days on weekends and even if I've been up til 3AM still usually stiring around 8. Somedays I can go back for a couple of hours but usually not.

For the poll, I went with "fear of disease." It's amazing how two chest x-rays two weeks ago and a doctor's "early stages of emphysema" diagnosis can make a guy in his late 30s finally realize he's not immortal and really needs to start taking care of himself if he expects to see all of his kids grow up.

I'm on my seventh day of quitting smoking. Haven't gone this long without in the 23 years I've smoked. On top of that, over two weeks without my daily dousing of Miller Lite or any other adult beverages, thanks to the meds Doc put me on. It's a really weird transitional period for me right now, but overall it's all good.

I voted hair. I was one of those guys who started loosing theirs

at 21 years old. By the time I got to around 30, it had become

a pitiful sight. ;) I wore a hat ALL the time. A few years ago I began

to cut it right down to the nubbins. A couple of months ago I started

shaving it ... Ko-effin-Jack style. I gotta say, I'm kinda liking it.

Yes I miss my long blonde hair of my younger days, but this beats

a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I ain't fat ... yet. I'm 6' tall and 190lbs. And it ain't all muscle. ;)

The ole spare tire seem to be creeping up on me, a little at a time. Gonna

have to watch it.

The creaky thing is hitting me also. When I get outta bed, I feel like

the Tin Man ... need a shot of lube. Once I start to move everything, it

gets better.

Guest Hellrider67

;) You know you are getting old when:

"Bill Ward...was a mess...but he made it. See the leg by his floor tom, that guy clapped to help him keep time.. "

(From Racer X's website, Ozzfest photos)

post-2-1150141302_thumb.jpg

ginger baker might look like he needs a couple nurses to lift him off the crapper, but he played his ass off last fall - I hadn't heard a monster drum solo like that since I saw bonham on the same stage 30 years earlier.

Baker_20050506b_JF.jpg

I thought it would be losing my mind. But if I did that, it wouldn't matter (to me).

Being lonely is right up there. Fearing disease is #1. Working where I work you realize the possibilities are endless.

Nothing to fear, fellas. Gettting old just means more time for a relaxing evening with the wife . . . (of course, she'll wear the appliance). Note the jar on the nightstand.

revealing-home-photo.jpg

1. nose hair

2. ear hair

3. losing dexterity in the fingers

I am 41, and I'll piss before I jog.

Then it sorta continues if I am wearing loose material and I am running down the road with a sizable wet spot and I gotta keep going and work up a sweat so it blends in.....

Archived