Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Very Sad News

I have been contacted and I still can't believe this.

I am very sad to report that Nightwolf has passed away. Apparently this happened sometime yesterday.

I want all of you that have been touched by him or ever read his old posts to know this happen because he was more than a Hamer Player. He was a great man that embraced everything that was good in his craft and tried to spread it to others.

I will miss him more than most of you know. My heart and prayers and condelncese go out to his family.

SOAPBOX

This shouldn't have been posted by me.

This should have come form one of his friends, one in particular who is no longer welcome here. This is a great example of how petty things ruin lives and relationships. That's all I am going to say about this. It sucks.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a tragedy indeed. John was always a decent person to me. I drove by the coffeehouse where I saw him play a couple of times this past weekend and thought about dropping in some friday night. Now, sadly, that won't happen-my own damned fault, of course.

Do not take things in this life too seriously and don't let the petty shit become more than it really is.

John will be missed.

That is awful to hear. John was a really good guy and was very generous with his time, talent, love of music and shared his stage(s) with EVERYBODY. I was lucky enough to catch him a number of times over the years.

That is extremely sad news, and his wife and daughter will be in our prayers.

Condolences to Nightwolf's family and all who knew him personally. I had the pleasure of purchasing a TopHat amp from him a few years back, and it will be played tonight in his honor at the Mpls 4-3-2-1 Club jam. Very sad.

:):lol: I did not personally know the gent, but the loss of a husband, father, and jam-mate is a heart-breaker. So much for the trio-buzz....REST IN PEACE AND JAM WITH THE REST OF YOUR HEAVENLY MATES...

prays and .....silence in reverance....kilroy posts :)

Brian,

I am glad you posted this. I got a call from Coletta, Nightie's wife, while I was on the way to meet a client for lunch. I came back to post the news, and see that you already have.

I met John through this board. He became one of my best friends. I spent a number of weekends with him in Pennsylvania, and he even came for dinner one New Year's eve.

We had made arrangements to get together for dinner on July 31st. Guess he won't be making it . . . .

damn.

I had the great pleasure of meeting John a few times and conversed with him via e-mail afterward. We lost touch after he stopped coming by this website, but I will always remember him as one of the most genuine, truly kind gentlemen I have ever met. We'll be playin some blues for the Nightwolf tonight.

Prayers and + vibes to his family and friends....

he and I had a few e-mail exchanges about boutique tube amps and what they should be able to do... came to the realization that he and I are polar opposites as far as tone was concerned.... but he was always cool about it... always welcomed his e-mails...

I'll even play some slide guitar WITHOUT reverb or overdrive tonight in his honor...

Cheers John!

Very sad to hear this. He came all the way from Jersey with his wife and daughter to the very first Midwest Jam, before anyone (including myself) knew it would be worth even a trip down the street. I hope he knows how much I appreciated that.

I loved his catch phrase: "You guys are doing a good job."

I'm going to a jam session tonight. Normally my approach is "anything but the blues" at these sort of things, but this time I'll be making an exception.

Ahhhhhhh, shit. John really was a good guy. I enjoyed sharing a lunch table one time with him at the HFC event. I enjoyed listening to him perform. I'm pretty bummed.........

gregc

Archived