Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Best Ebay Find Ever!!!

:) Hey fellas, just posting some pics of #221, I nabbed her off of ebay a month ago. Whats that you didn't see it! Thats because it was on there for about 30 minutes! Right Time Right Place....

I noticed she is listed on Cereal's list but I have no more info other than I own here. She did indeed as stated on the list have Pat # pickups. The neck was in here when I got it but very weak, and the bridge is a 500T with gold poles (Frampton?). Well the first thing I did was get those out of the way and install duncans (JB and 59). The hardware is original but I question the Nut since it is brass. Slight Finish checks by the nut and one by the base of the neck, just the finish. I was suprised that it wasn't very heavy, but it sounds awsome unplugged and has a huge sound and balanced. So awsome I need another!

She is my second Hamer and spends her days next to my Sunburst! They make a hell of a pair. I'm currently working on my Top 5 list of guitars of all time and I now have 2 of the 5. LIFE IS GOOD.... :D:):):lol:

Last but not Least, Thanks BCRGREG for your assistance with the pics!!!!!

mystuff002.jpg

MyStandard0221Close.jpg

MyStandard0221.jpg

MyStandard0221back.jpg

MyStandard0221Head.jpg

Easy, ET.

I'll take away the Bomb Pops.

I just said it was easy, I never completed the statement. Please do not force me into rehab.

Edit your first post, host the new pic and replace the first pic with the new one.

It's sized for a fit into the HFC margins. You clicked the properties of the thumbnail in your post above.

mystuff002.jpg

:)

beauty... now if i can find my old 4 digit i can die happy.... 0125 kick my self i nthe ass for sellin it in 85 but it was the worst sounding and playing guitar i ever played.. but i bought it cause it was a hamer haha

randy :lol:

Guest pirateflynn

I've had some good ebay scores.

Probably the best one was this '81 Graphic Special that I bought for under $700. The only thing it needed was an original bridge PU....now in. I'll take some new pics soon.

Here's an oldie:

post-2-1150777522_thumb.jpg

Congratulations! That's a beauty!

Oh where, oh where is my ol' #0597? I sold it like an idiot in '88.

You snagged it in 30 minutes and beat Fung to the punch.

We'll all I can say then you really was a lucky bastard

as he usually pulls the trigger on these babes before anyone

else even gets the chance to say "pee wee herman" even one time.

Did I say lucky bastard. Alright then. And yes my 4 digits

are also light but resonates loud as hell. The greatest guitars

on earth bubba!

Play loud mutha! :)

Average price right now is between $3500-4500 for 1980+ and $4000 and up for earlier ones based on condition, dot or b/c, features, finishes, etc.

Kahlered ones subtract a bit. Head repairs a little less off than a Kahler route.

Thanks for the info, are collectors starting to come around to what us musicains have realized for a long time or is only certain pieces which are increasing in value? For example, the standards seem to be popular but the Sunbursts and such are still cheap. I have thoughts about buying every new Hamer I can afford and stashing them away till I retire; especially any of the Monocos. Any collectors out there see these guitars as futur collectable instruments? Sorry to take away from the thread.

Nice guitar may I ask what you paid? Also what is the average price for all standards between 78 and 84? I know a dealer who has a couple and want to know if it's a good deal or not.

A dealer who has a couple, tell us about it (after you bought one - of course) ;)

Hi Harry,

Welcome to the board. The Standards you saw are not for sale, Nothing to see here....move along. ;)

But, they do pop up from time to time here on this board and elsewhere. Start saving and be ready to jump.

;)

Mark.

About the pickups, I figured if they were already changed out and not original Fair Game! I kept the Pat# pickup but the 500T i'm not worried about.

Now about that Price Question, I never kiss and tell, that should be rule #1 for everyone. But one hint for the hardcore fan's, anyone out there remember the standard on ebay out a year ago with the broken neck and no hardware. It wasn't to much more than what it went for!

There are people with no limits, i'm not one of those people, i'm just truley one lucky S.O.B......

Archived