Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ya'll knew it would happen..

Anyways.....#79 is for sale....Totally and I repeat..Totally outstanding guitar but I can't seem to get used to it....Too damn comfortable with my Cali's I guess??...Not a mark on it and you will recieve it in pristine condition and as new....I played it a total of 5-10 minutes and just not my thing...on your door for $2500.00 and as usual....trades considered...... :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyways.....#79 is for sale....Totally and I repeat..Totally outstanding guitar but I can't seem to get used to it....Too damn comfortable with my Cali's I guess??...Not a mark on it and you will recieve it in pristine condition and as new....I played it a total of 5-10 minutes and just not my thing...on your door for $2500.00    and as usual....trades considered...... :)

Jesus! You're worse than I am! :)

-Austin

Anyways.....#79 is for sale....Totally and I repeat..Totally outstanding guitar but I can't seem to get used to it....Too damn comfortable with my Cali's I guess??...Not a mark on it and you will recieve it in pristine condition and as new....I played it a total of 5-10 minutes and just not my thing...on your door for $2500.00    and as usual....trades considered...... :)

Jesus! You're worse than I am!

-Austin

No....I need an intervention...lol!!

yea ... was honored with pick of the litter.....again a big thanks to the classy folks at rocketeria ! dave you are the man!!

'78 was my choice .....

but .....I waited a lengthy time for hamer to get back to me with pricing on a "certain" custom piece coupled with jackson totally screwing up the figures on a double custom order...

thus my passing over this jem run,,,hence this pathetic rambling after the fact ...

you guys get the point...

'79 was not my baby... but it with out doubt will make some enthusiast very happy given the intrinsic options.

BUY IT NOW !

Another pic here:

RocketeriaZander79a.jpg

And, there will be no more Zandards made by the way. Believe me, I asked (as did other, non-HFC/Museum participating dealers).

A rare Standard for certain...

And, there will be no more Zandards made by the way. Believe me, I asked (as did other, non-HFC/Museum participating dealers).

A rare Standard for certain...

Hmm??...maybe I should play it some more...ya know...like shoes that are a little tight..ya keep wearing them for a little bit at a time and eventually...they become your favorite?? hehe :)

like shoes that are a little tight..ya keep wearing them for a little bit at a time and eventually...they become your favorite??

SHOES that are a too tight? I though it was something else that this theory applied to.

If I had cash in the guitar budget, I'd buy this. Great guitar for a better price than you'll get on any of its contemporaries. Alas, I bought two guitars a couple of months back when my budget didn't even justify one. So I'm skint. :)

We don't think you're a dumbass for selling it, though. I know I've busted your chops for dumping gear real fast -- including this piece -- but if you think it needs to be played, and you don't fit it, that's one thing I can really understand. I've had a phenominal guitar that I just couldn't bond with in the past, and its new owner loved it to death when I finally sold it. So, all kidding aside, I think it's too bad it doesn't work for you.

Some people don't fit standards like other people. Someone will be very happy with this.

I'll tell you what. I never thought I would get along with the Standard because of the shape. I always thought it looked bulky compared to my Charvels and my Hamer double cuts. But, when I picked up my 97 mahogany the other day, I was quickly surpried at how nice it felt in my hands. It's a keeper for sure.

For the sake of Pete, give it another week to see if you bond with it. It's just too nice of a guitar. :)

I suppose I could just keep it and delete this thread...Don't need the money but....Way too fine a guitar not to get played..

i can afford $1200 - it'll get played

I suppose I could just keep it and delete this thread...Don't need the money but....Way too fine a guitar not to get played..

Umm...I guess that was a bad statement

Say what you will, but you have to give Kurtstuff credit for having the balls to shell out big bucks for gear that he didn't get to try on the off chance it might meet his particular needs all the while knowing that there's a decent chance he won't really like it and will take a bath on it.

More power to ya!

Hell, I'd go $1300!!! ;-)

Hell, I'd go $1300!!! ;-)

Ahh you guys......I can "feel" the love....lol!! :)

Archived