Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ya'll knew it would happen..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kurt: Play the Standard standing up. The guitar will feel small to your right arm. Just watch where you swing the tail!

Hey Dave...Yeah....been playing it standing up,sitting,sideways,adjusting my strap down to the 1/16th" increments....just ain't happenin...oh well... WHO WANTS IT!!!??? :o:P

Kurt: Play the Standard standing up.  The guitar will feel small to your right arm.  Just watch where you swing the tail!

Hey Dave...Yeah....been playing it standing up,sitting,sideways,adjusting my strap down to the 1/16th" increments....just ain't happenin...oh well... WHO WANTS IT!!!??? :o:P

We all want it, but can't justify spending the dough!!!

Aw right Kurt, we gonna start callin' you Flippy! :P:P:P

Try this, pfffft :P , I cant tell you anything to make you love that guitar. I was gonna tell ya how I hold the many "Explorer" shaped guitars I own but you either dig the shape or not and that's cool. Before I typed anything after the "Try this," I went and grabbed a guitar and that was how I figured out what to really put in on this.

Man, I wish I had something cool to trade ya.

hey ... someone get a clue and pick this thing up...the logo shifted alone is worth the asking...

had I not done afew too mnay vintage hamers over the last 2 1/2 weeks..... #79 would be sitting in my house 2 days ago...

seriously, buy now... or kick yourself later....its only money...

dave spec'd these in a big way...and they turned out great form all the info I have recvd.

had hamer not taken their sweet time quoting a custom piece for me...#78 would be sitting on a stand in my guitar roomoas we speak... I'd love to have 79 for grins... but a few goodies popped popped this month and it aint happening.....

dont wait or work kurt... the price is stupid fair...

Aw right Kurt, we gonna start callin' you Flippy! :P:P:P

Try this, pfffft :P , I cant tell you anything to make you love that guitar. I was gonna tell ya how I hold the many "Explorer" shaped guitars I own but you either dig the shape or not and that's cool. Before I typed anything after the "Try this," I went and grabbed a guitar and that was how I figured out what to really put in on this.

LOL! Somebody else on the board reffer's to "Kurting" a piece of gear meaning....own it for 5 minutes and flipping it....lol!!

Aw right Kurt, we gonna start callin' you Flippy!  :P  :P  :P

Try this, pfffft  :P  , I cant tell you anything to make you love that guitar. I was gonna tell ya how I hold the many "Explorer" shaped guitars I own but you either dig the shape or not and that's cool. Before I typed anything after the "Try this," I went and grabbed a guitar and that was how I figured out what to really put in on this.

LOL! Somebody else on the board reffer's to "Kurting" a piece of gear meaning....own it for 5 minutes and flipping it....lol!!

Ah come on man, I said about a Week for Kurting LOL!! :-) Jack.

Aw right Kurt, we gonna start callin' you Flippy!  :P  :P  :P

Try this, pfffft  :P  , I cant tell you anything to make you love that guitar. I was gonna tell ya how I hold the many "Explorer" shaped guitars I own but you either dig the shape or not and that's cool. Before I typed anything after the "Try this," I went and grabbed a guitar and that was how I figured out what to really put in on this.

Ah come on man, I said about a Week for Kurting LOL!! :-) Jack.

Oh thats right....a week then flip it....hehe....but it's true.....sometimes 5 minutes and I've decided to move something along....just might take a week to do it... :P

• 2 weeks later...

hey kurt now you can take a chance on my archtop GT P90 ;)

• 5 months later...

She's Back!

I've decided to sell some gear.

The beautiful Standard (number '79) that I got from Kurt is for sale again.

Out of courtesy and in order to mantain good kharma and order in the universe I am putting listing it here for the Hamer faithful... Oh, and also because this is the best place!

Price is $2,500- plus shipping.

My ebay feedback can be viewed under "srvwannab"-

Thanks!

Is this a special reissue run?

Sort of. Elduave from Rocketeria ordered a few of the "Zander" Standards as tributes to RN's classic #0004 Standard. Jol and Hamer did a fantastic job on those, and won't be doing any more with those features apparently. The only downside is that there weren't more ordered - they are all killer guitars (I''ve played all 3).

These are the closest to a '70s Hamer that they've done since the mid-80s!

Archived