Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rockstar Supernova

He's got that Udo Dierkschneider appeal to him.

Dude, I was thinking the same thing. TOTALLY reminded me of Udo!

UDO is one of my all time favorite singers. He's a little bit vertically challenged though funny to see him in camos all the time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got that Udo Dierkschneider appeal to him.

Dude, I was thinking the same thing. TOTALLY reminded me of Udo!

UDO is one of my all time favorite singers. He's a little bit vertically challenged though funny to see him in camos all the time.

Some of that Accept stuff kicked all kinds of ass.

Isn't Butch Walker producing and having a hand in the writing? If so fukk the show and just have him front the damn band, I seriouslly doubt anyone could upstage him.

Isn't Butch Walker producing and having a hand in the writing? If so fukk the show and just have him front the damn band, I seriouslly doubt anyone could upstage him.

I thought the same thing when I saw him. The Mrs., on the other hand, fawned and became week in the knees.

I thought the same thing when I saw him. The Mrs., on the other hand, fawned and became week in the knees.

Check his tour dates, I think he's at the 9:30 in the next couple of weeks.

Check his tour dates, I think he's at the 9:30 in the next couple of weeks.

Oh, I know. :o

The show really sucks compared to the INXS version, but I like how the comments are getting more candid. Gilby is emerging as a pull no punches judge. How about Tommy telling Jason to shut up? Newsted looked pissed!

Most of the "14 Best Unsigned Rockers" are still pathetic. Some are totally out of their element.

I watched last night, I think there are maybe 2 that have the goods to front a band well. The house band is killer.

How about Tommy telling Jason to shut up? Newsted looked pissed!

sorry i missed that! prolly made him feel like he was back in metallica, ha.

If that's the kind of dynamic we can expect (the Tommy Lee/Jason N thing), Supernova will last about twenty seconds. Give or take a few seconds-likely take.

Damn, Jason needs to find a band full of submissives. Unless of course, that's his bag. :o

Godamnit..... now I've been sucked into this vortex of shitty singers and manufactured bands...... all I have to say is 90% of the singers are NOT what I would call rock singers.... and now I have to watch this crap to conclusion..... damnit damnit damnit!!!

Speaking of manufactured crap...

Guys PLEASE pray for me. :o My daughter wanted American Idol tix for her birthday, so my part of the deal was to suffer through ordering them and I wouldn't have to go. My wife's in trial this week and told me this morning that I'd have to be on the bubble if the case doesn't resolve.

Oh $hit, just what I need-a bunch of lame karaoke act singers singing to crap tunes with 9-11 year olds screaming and whistling at the stage and screaming to their parents every time the concession guys walk through. Hour+ traffic backlogs in and out of the arena...

Oh yeah, I'm guessing that the tee shirts will start at $55 per for kid sizes-whattya think?!

I think that kids need life lessons.

Disappointment should be one of them.

:o

(I KEEEEED! Whatever my Neice wants, she should get.)

SHE'LL love it, although it's depressing that my 5 year old's first concert will be AI. What will he tell his friends when he's older?

At least I could say my first one was BOC and Foghat. He'll be subject to endless ridicule.

OK - here are my thoughts after watching three episodes.

Patrice Pike from Sister 7 is great as a Sister 7 singer, why put her in this forum? She belongs doing more Sister 7 stuff, which was a great record.

Aside from the Austrailan and wierd looking freakboy, none of them can sing metal. The chicks can't sing metal, and some can't sing period.

WHY DO WE HAVE THE SAME LAME FUCKING SONGS AS LAST SHOW?!? I had to get that off my chest. I'd like to see any one of these pussies sing "Screaming for Vengence" or "Killers." Oh, and can we throw in some CULT and remove shitvana songs from the setlist?

BB - great to look at, sucks as a hostess. Bring on Carmen.

That spanish broad looks like a man facially. I like the freak, but she can't sing. The kid from New Hampshire needs to join an R&B band.

What the hell is the winner going to sing? I've never heard a SuperNova song before. Jason Newstead should just freakout and beat the crap out of everyone. Now THAT would be good TV.

Also, why doesn't one of these pussies facing elimination break out an Echobrain, Voivod, Metallica, MC, Methods of Mayhem, or GnR song? If they really had some balls they would break out a Slash's Snake Pit or Izzy And The JuJu Hounds track just to see Gilby's reaction. Perhaps a new Metallica or GnR song just for kicks. Now THAT would be funny.

Here's some slutty Eye Candy for you:

MOD DELETE

NO NUDITY ON THE MAIN BOARDS!!

I was thoroughlly amused with the R&B kid trying to "bring the rock" with not just some Creed but the biggest va-jay-jay Creed tune there is, oy vey!

WHY DO WE HAVE THE SAME LAME FUCKING SONGS AS LAST SHOW?!? I had to get that off my chest. I'd like to see any one of these pussies sing "Screaming for Vengence" or "Killers." Oh, and can we throw in some CULT and remove shitvana songs from the setlist?

My thoughts exactly (after seeing a total of about 10 mins and hearing some caterwalling coming from the TV in the background). Given the band members, this group be, at a minimum, blues based heavy rock up to in-yer-face old school metal, not sure where the songs they been singing have any place in an audition for this band.

Of course, it's just TV, it's not like it's real or anything anyway. I figure this band will be lucky to get one disc recorded (of course, alot of the music may already be done, and it may or may not include any of the people on the show). I wonder what Mixerman would have to say about this?

<$0.02...

it's depressing that my 5 year old's first concert will be AI. What will he tell his friends when he's older?

Mine was Barry Manilow. He'll be fine.

Mods - Sorry for the nudity on the main board, you can unknot your panties now. :o

In other news:

CBS' summer reality series Rock Star: Supernova has been hit with a law suit filed by an Orange County rock and roll band named Supernova. The band has been around since the late 1980's and has filed suit against CBS, Mark Burnett Prods, as well as each of the show's band members including Tommy Lee, for trademark infringement and unfair competition. The suit is looking to eliminate Supernova from the show's name, any reference made to Supernova within the show and to publish statements clarifying that Supernova is a band already established.

Archived