Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Info on '78 Sunburst/Dan Armstrong

aaaaahhhh, let him think this through and let the chips fall where they may...

it really comes down to how much steve likes that headstock VS. the crazy money that I am sure has already been offered him.. ;)

hey, we've all sat the fence a time or two....everything happens for a reason...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Greg - I sent him one about using other people's pics too, and he emailed me back.

Maybe it's just you....... ;)

Greg,

I am soooo sorry I used your photo,SERIOUSLY! That goes for Andrew, too.

I did put a disclaimer in my ad and tried to take the photos out (as you probably know, since you seem to be following the auction so closely). I also now realize what a LARGE (pun intended) part of the fanclub thing you are, Andrew, having written those great articles, having given me the history and the exhalted story of those Dan Armstrong Sunbursts. That's all I really wanted, (a little info, that is). Thanks guys and, NO HARD FEELINGS???

Greg....he also used those pics of you in your outhouse, from your Deliverance vacation last month, without your permission ;)

Greg leaked those photos!!!

Get it. Get it!

Greg,

I am soooo sorry I used your photo,SERIOUSLY! That goes for Andrew, too.

I did put a disclaimer in my ad and tried to take the photos out (as you probably know, since you seem to be following the auction so closely). I also now realize what a LARGE (pun intended) part of the fanclub thing you are, Andrew, having written those great articles, having given me the history and the exhalted story of those Dan Armstrong Sunbursts. That's all I really wanted, (a little info, that is). Thanks guys and, NO HARD FEELINGS???

Hey stevemec. I stuck up for you. I said I didnt think you meant anybody any harm. I just thought you were gettin as much info as you could and realizing a hefty profit when you see it you did as I'm sure a lot of other people would have done which is "SELL IT FOR A SONG!!!!!!!. There now that I'm on your side what about that $600 offer........LOL!!!

Hey,Sitamoia50,

You wouldn't really have?............Nah!

Nah is right. I will admit to thinkin about it sittin next door though. You know what Steve. All the power to ya! Come to think of it, just say for shits and giggles you did take me up on my $600 offer. I'm pretty sure after a short honeymoon with the guitar then realizing what its worth, I would have that thing on ebay also probably pretty quick.. ......

Hey stevemec. I'm pissed. When I came back from lunch the receptionist said someone had come in lookin' for me with a guitar in hand (course she didnt remember the name till i mentioned a Hamer). Thanx for stoppin' by. I would have loved to get one more look at It before it's sent somewhere else, that is unless you stopped by because you did some rethinking and decided to just give it to me!!!...If you happen by again soon please stop by, I'd love to get another glance at a true "one of a kind" and too just "shoot the shit".......

Guest pirateflynn
It's seems to be a battle royale between peedenmark and sunkist. Is sunkist a member here?

I'm not sure if he's a member but some of the guys here know him. I was bidding on a 4 digit listed on ebay (quite a while ago) and he convinced the seller to end the auction early......that sucked.

This could get spendy.

auction pulled... whos the lucky dog?

Maybe he just sold BCRGreg's Sunburst in the one pic he used and the OTHER two Sunbursts with the Dan Armstrong headstocks in the other pic he used....and he's KEEPING the actual one he has :P

Considering all the BS with using other peoples' photos of other axes and all the other weirdness....pulling the auction early seems like the ultimate "BAD WILL" gesture IMO.

I did offer stupid money for it... "considerabley more" than was laid out for the '77.

sold a charvel strathead to make it happen...if thats any kind of barometer.

the auction was up last night when I got home from our weekend get away...

saw it gone this morning.....

now no word ,or replies to my emails today, or over the weekend for that matter....

either someone paid with blood for it... or he's keeping it and not saying anything...

unfortunate.... I didnt get it and out am out a charvel as a result. :P

either someone paid with blood for it... or he's keeping it and not saying anything...

unfortunate.... I didnt get it and out am out a charvel as a result. :P

Obviously that was your decision to sell your Charvel to help finance the Hamer but what a con job here. I think the seller has some explaining to do.

Archived