Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Special FM

This ones not for sale, but...

Second from right.  I gave just under $900, sales tax and all for this '93, NOS.  It was my first Hamer.  Amazingly, the neck is very medium-ish.

521.jpg

I've got the same 1993 Special FM (2nd from right), same color but my neck is very thin, which I really like.

Wayne

My purple 1995 Special FM is still for sale. Not the best picture in the world of the guitar as it makes the top look like it's two different colors, but I can send more pictures if interested. $800 shipped/insured to a CONUS address, $775 + all shipping fees to non_CONUS HFC'ers. I'll even pass on the savings and knock off $25 if you pay in cash/USPS money order/cashier's check drawn from a US bank instead of Paypal. Price may seem steep to some, but this thing is about as close to mint condition as you'll probably find in a used 1995 Special FM. OHSC (Hamer) also in NM shape now included instead of the SKB one in the picture since it seems to be a deal breaker for most HFC'ers. :)

front_body.jpg

Lookin good, didn't I see in another thread that this was a refin? Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes you did see it in another thread a few weeks ago, and yes it is a refinish. The original finish was faded bad on the top and had several bubbles under the clear (not Hameritis, something totally different that I've seen in a lesser degree on a couple other purple Hamers from the mid-90's). The refinish was done by the guys at Hamer in the Connecticut factory back in early 04' and they did a fantastic job of matching the original color (which was still perfectly intact under the pickup rings and under the control cavity plate). In hindsight, I should have saved my money and just left the guitar as it was and played the snot out of it without worrying about how the finish looked. Alas, I was a couple years younger and more foolish (if that's possible) back then :) I digress, the guitar is still for sale and I'll give it another try on ebay in a couple weeks if I get no HFC takers. If you or any other HFC'er is interested, please e-mail me within the next couple weeks.

Guest pirateflynn

Second from right.  I gave just under $900, sales tax and all for this '93, NOS.  It was my first Hamer.  Amazingly, the neck is very medium-ish.

521.jpg

Hey Tom. Is that the Red Special you sold to Ken Jones or ?

521.jpg

Hey Tom. Is that the Red Special you sold to Ken Jones or ?

Yup, that's the one. His first one was minty fresh and he was scared to gig with it, so he jumped on mine when I made it available.

Oh, and Mike C. That looks a lot like mine IRL. That's a beaut!

521.jpg

Tom. just sold the twin to your P90 special on the left to Ian. It was my first Hamer...sniff... :)

Those P90's are the shits.

thanks for the comments guys... that flametop eclipse was pretty

cool. It was listed on the Daddy's website as flametop eclipse and

since Daddy's screws up the descriptions about 50% of the time,

I just assumed it was a typo... It played great, it cut through the mix

like a razor but it weighed about 20 lbs... I was told they made a

handful of them.

I got the koa FM special here from the original owner.

I seem to recall that the the store custom ordered it in koa

and he bought it from them that way. The thing was beautiful

but since I was putting a down payment on a condo around two

years ago, I ebayed it oh well...

BTW: MikeC's FM special listed above is quite the specimen.

It looks to me like they used an ultimate grade top for it..

I don't think you'll find one like that on ebay...

Hi, click on the link to see a few nice FM's...  

(once there, click on photo album on the right)    

Hamers I've stupidly sold

DaveL

Ah yes, the Koa FM. That was a unique guitar.

Jim (who sold me the guitar BTW...)

can you add anything about how you

got that guitar? the thing was just about

the coolest looking Hamer I've ever owned...

Dave

That Koa FM is tits, absolute tits.

But, since the FM designation stands for "figured maple," shouldn't that be called a Special K, or perhaps a Special FK? Of course, that second one would probably be lengthened to the Special Fuck and we all know where that would go. Anyway, here's my 95 Aztec Gold.

DSC03284.jpg

Awesome guitars. I think I should probably get another one sometime. If I ever find that Special koa, I will buy it in a heartbeat.

Archived