Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Special FM

Thank's for the reply's! Mike C's looks awsome but I think i'm wideing my search and narrowing it at the same time. I want a natural FM, vintage or modern but if you have been reading this thread i'll take a KOA one if you got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:):P

Dave,

You didn't sell that black standard did ya ?

#0149 ?

dave?

DAVE?

D A V E !!!

gone, and the money was spent on booze and

women... BTW: nobody believes me, but I still

think that was Joe Perry's...

Somebody track that FK Koa Special down and get it back into the fold so I can begin my endless needling and offers of oscene amounts of cash to make it mine! :lol: 2 things: Does Hamer still do Koa and here's my '93 with a couple buddies. It is currently for sale (as is most of my gear right now -damn kids needed a bigger house!) since the Artist Studio won the cage match (the PC is already gone), so consider it if you are NOT looking for a beauty queen. It is a well-worn player with many small assorted bumps and bruises mainly to the body, but it sounds great and plays incredible with a stock '59 in the neck and a DiMarzio PAF doing the bridge work. There's something extra "high-fi" with this guitar - it seems to somehow produce a wider frequency spectrum or something, I can't quite figure it out, but there is a tangible difference in the clarity and richness of the sound it producescompared to other similar guitars I have owned. The Artist Studio does it to, but it has a woodier "pop" to the FM's more balanced "kerchang" if that makes any sense at all. Dodgy toggle switch that needs some spray and a fugly case, but dang it, I'm still gonna ask for $525 shipped. I got it from HFC brother Doody, who was kind enough to drive all the way to Minneapolis from Iowa to take my 4x10 mesa Maverick away so I didn't have to ship it somewhere (I also obtained the pictured Phantom Custom in exchange for a 4x10 Mesa combo the other way just as an item of irony. Ask TomTerrific what THAT box looked like when it arrived!). Let me know if you need a full set of pics. Z

post-4-1157610348_thumb.jpg

That FM is a MONSTER. The dings are not evident to anyone but the player. If I hadn't just bought SirDans duotone custom, a PA, 2 mains and 2 monitors this would be mine! The case has a broken latch but isn't that bad at all. At one point, I had the action lowered on that guitar so you could hang a 1.0 dunlop tortex anywhere on the fretboard. It is great overdriven but still has excellent cleans. I miss it. I changed the pickups in my paul to try to get that sound but haven't found it yet.

Edited to add a crappy pic. The center is more orange than this pic shows.

fm3.jpg

Wow, after looking at my previous post and the way I slurred my grammar, I guess it was good that the midnight moonlight birthday blast on my Triumph never went down! Hey, I was up past my bedtime, what can I say. Here's the pic of the 3 Caballeros as I had intended and even though I'm fully sober now the FM Special can still be had for $525 shipped. The case has a few more miles on it than Doody might recall since I did gig this guitar for 6 months (maybe 10 shows), and I counted about 40 discernable impressions on the top in the clearcoat. Most of these were very small and shallow, hard to see, but the top has seen some wear to be sure. I imagine that a very thorough buffing might restore it to a very good condition overall, as strangely the rest of the guitar is quite clean. The woodgrain on the one-piece Mahogany back is stunning - best ever for any Hamer I have owned. The top is much better than either of our pics can display. The neck is thoroughly medium sized and feels perfect to me. Z

post-4-1157764445_thumb.jpg

Hi, click on the link to see a few nice FM's...  

(once there, click on photo album on the right)    

Hamers I've stupidly sold

DaveL

Ah yes, the Koa FM. That was a unique guitar.

Jim (who sold me the guitar BTW...)

can you add anything about how you

got that guitar? the thing was just about

the coolest looking Hamer I've ever owned...

Dave

Sorry for the late reply,

I just happen to walk into my local Hamer dealer and it was hanging on the wall. It immediately caught my eye. This particular dealer (now out of business) was known for ordering unusual Hamer's and that happened to be one of them. I ended up buying it obvisously. Like many of us GAS raised it's ugly head and I chose to sell several items before acquiring anything new. That was one of the items, as well as a Special which you bought and a blackcherry burst T51.

The natural is a '96, not for sale though, the sunburst is a '00 and I've been thinking of moving it as it has a pretty beefy neck compared to my other Hamers.

2005_1230Image0026.jpg

That 1996 natural FM has me doing back flips!! My favorite color and super nice flame!! Please let me know if you ever sell it bro!! Thanks-Jack.

The natural is a '96, not for sale though, the sunburst is a '00 and I've been thinking of moving it as it has a pretty beefy neck compared to my other Hamers.

2005_1230Image0026.jpg

DING DING DING!

I just bought a 95 with a wraptail bridge and a 'beef-ier' neck.

Run. Do not walk to the BuyItNow button for this guitar!

I spy a 94 on the bay that i've got my eye on!

Guy's most of the special's that have been offered up are sunburst and I just don't dig that color scheme. But if anyone still has any for sale bring um on! Old or new, I pickup up my Standard #221 and the vintage feel of those Good O'l Hamers are awsome! Bump's, Brooses welcome but no Beater's.... :(

My 95' Special FM is still for sale and it's not a burst finish, it's what Hamer calls 'violet' in their 95' catalog. Honestly, you'll be hard pressed to find a Special FM in nicer condition (I can honestly say it's easily a 9.5 out of 10 and that's being EXTREMELY critical...it's most likely what you'd see graded as a 9.8 out of 10 by most online dealers), and to further sweeten the deal for HFC'ers, I'll even throw in a Hamer hardshell case instead of the SKB I originally was selling it with for the same price as I was asking before (check earlier in this thread). There has to be someone out there besides me that appreciates purple USA Hamers and is jonesing for a Special FM that not only plays and sounds great, but will set you apart from all the other more common colored ones! :(

fm_top.jpg

Archived