Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Humbucking P90's

The seller said they were Dimarzio DLX's, I just wondered how they sound. Or if it sparked some memories :blink: . Thanks though.

Look almost like some sort of mini-humbucker with open coils hehehe.

Are they supposed to have a semi-P90 tone with humbucking or something?

I did some looking on the Dimarzio site. Here's the infor on the DLX's

"Tech Talk: The DLX Plusâ„¢ was not designed to duplicate the sound of a standard soapbar. The sound is more like that of a modern full-size humbucker, most similar to a Steve's Specialâ„¢. Turning up an amp's midrange control, even with high gain, will produce a fat, punchy sound that retains a lot of definition."

They have a DLX for neck and bridge. A Super Distortion, Soapbar, Tone Zone, and a Vitual P90. All for standard P90 replacement. I have only seen the HC reviews, but don't know of anyone who has/had them :P . It's been like a little mystery to me similar to when I didn't know how minihumbuckers sounded. Then I played some. Mystery solved. :o !

I have a virtual P[90 neck and DLX bridge in a McInturff, sounds freakin killer

All fat and no lean for tone? Leslie West style:P

I just recently bought a Special with the same pickups. They sound quite good, although I am going to put back the orginal P-90's in it. Just personal preference.

I have a DLX (afaik) in a korina 3 pickup Artist. It's coming out as I have a Rio going in. If anyone wants one, lemme know!

I saw that on the bay a couple of weeks ago. I just thought 'wow. that different'. I didn't buy it but it sure is clean.

Archived