Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jr. has a new home

Couldn't resist taking this home for a test drive. Time will tell if it becomes a permanent addition. So far great player with one of the prettiest fingerboards I've seen in a while. Haven't really had a chance to open an amp up with it, and I think that's what this guitar is all about! If this doesn't capture my heart HFC'ers can have first crack at it.

DSC00579.jpg

ArnieZ

Congrats, Arnie. It looks like a good one. The one I had, well we never bonded... but I do think somewhere out there is one with my name on it also.

gregc

Arnie Z,

I hope you bond with the Junior. They really are exceptional guitars. There are sweet spots on them so play around and have fun.

It's all about the 3 M's: Music, money and Mmmmm pussy.

That means I like the Jr. :P

Teleman,

I was out and about watching some live music and I happened to be wearing an HFC shirt. One of the guitarists noticed the shirt and offered me the guitar. I saw him again a few months later and we struck a deal!

Floyden,

The previous owner thought it was a one piece, but just didn't realize how well Hamer joins these bodies.

ArnieZ

Let me get this straight... The guy dumped the guitar because it did not have a one piece neck or body?

I know someone who will tell you that Hamers play and sound wonderful, but he cannot own one because he has to have a one piece neck. Tone and feel mean nothing unless the construction methods used meet his approval.

I also know someone else who owns a '79 Les Paul Custom with a sandwich body and a multi-piece maple neck that sounds and feels incredible. That guitar is not supposed to be as cool as it is, but it helps to debunk theories about guitar construction being good or bad based on how many pieces of wood are used.

Steve,

The guy who sold the guitar didn't care if the body was a 1 piece or 3, he felt the neck width at the nut was too thin for him. Before checking out the guitar in person I asked him if by chance it was a 1 piece body. He looked at it and thought it was. He bought the guitar because of the vibe factor and fell in love with the look of the tort guard on the korina.

ArnieZ

Archived