Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's my hamer worth?

aktano

hey guys, newbie here.

I was wondering how much my Hamer is worth, not that I am going to sell but just curious.

It's a Hamer californian with one piece thru-neck with the boomerang on the fretboard with 27 frets. I think I bought it back in 91-92. Metalic red color. Any idea? Back then it was the hot stuff :(

Any comment is welcome. :lol:

-ak

$352? anyone? :lol: I'll post pic later... It's in decent condition...not perfect. I guess i'll wait for another 20 years for it to become vintage or will it be worth $50 by then? It used to list for $1400 or something like that back in the day.... :(

Pics and a more specific description will get you the most accurate estimate. Post them up here and ignore the low-ball offers. It's kind of an inside joke around here.

Raging Ard or Turbo G. should know the market. They have had or have purchased several of these in the past. They are going up. Set necks are hard to find.

Hamerica

Are you looking to sell this piece, or are you just curious? If looking to sell, definitely get the stickers off of there (oh god I hope they are just stickers) and re-photograph. And be sure to include some shots of the back, specifically the neck heel. That's the big selling point of the setneck vs. the bolt-on. Otherwise, you'll get $350. :(

Whoops - you were posting pics as I typed. Ne-e-e-evermind.

Yes they are stickers and they glow in the dark! :lol: I put that on during my highschool days...I was a dork. :(

BTW, I appreciate everyone's offer but I am NOT selling this so please no more PM about selling. Well, of course if someone can offer more than $350, then I might have to reconsider! OK i'm just kidding.

I really love the setneck(I thought it was called thru-neck..?)...very smooth and makes it very easy to play.

Easily more than $700, I think -- well, I would pay that for her (hey dudes, doubled the default offer! :()

Californian Custom in Black Cherry Metalflake. Definitely more than $700. I don't know that I'd say it was a $1300-1500 guitar, but depending on what day you were to hit the market, it could be if you had the right motivated seller. The set neck ones don't show up all that much. I had one and loved it.

Not that it helps, but I've seen more Virtuosos for sale in the last 10 years than Set-neck Calis.

That's a killer finish too. You have a great guitar there, pal! Enjoy it.

Archived