Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Party OF THE YEAR!

Wow, they came from all corners. A veritable collection of the HFCs finest. I believe those who attended realize that theres something special happening in little ol' MSP. I'm sure there will be ALOT of documentation to support this being party of the year(s). A special thanks to all who attended.

Bruce was on top-o-the-world. He was the party. Reinventing himself to the 12 (or so) different bands he was part of. He was the STAR! and rightly so. More to follow; I'm still dizzy.

Rock on HFC!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man you guys get up too early (or stay up too late)!

Have a head ache this morning but had to check things out here.

Wow that was fun. Playing with everyone was great. But what was really cool was meeting all the various people.

One of the nicest groups of people you'll ever meet. And all those guitars!!

Now that was a party!

New Avatar?

Duvel IS the breakfast of champions.

Man that sure was fun!! Finest bunch of musicians I've ever met. The vibe was so great. Gonna miss you all till next time. And what can be said of Bruce? I ran out of accolades about a year ago. Can't think of a better way to celebrate his 50th. Keep on rockin Bro.

Joe

Ok...I'm going out of order with the photos here because: This Gadow guitar was GIVEN to me last night, courtesy of elduave and my HFC Brethren who were gathered at the party (and a few who weren't there). To say that I was overwhelmed is a serious understatement. When this was presented to me, it's one of the few times I've been speechless. I still don't really know what to say, except "Thank You ALL!!!!" You people are the best! :lol::D:D:D:D:D

IHMJ-Bruce-gadow.jpg

Here I am closing the party with my new guitar, and with Robb and Conrad, a very small percentage of the people that were onstage for that song.

Wow.

Awesome - I just KNOW you have better "pose" shots than that though!

This Gadow guitar was GIVEN to me last night, courtesy of elduave and my HFC Brethren who were gathered at the party (and a few who weren't there).

Sweet present, hope you like the color! I'm doing another Vegas Copper this week.

Just got home off the road. What a great, great time! It was great seeing everyone again and meeting a few of you for the first time.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go fall down somewhere.

Carmie and I just got home too. Whew, what a great party and pre-party. This is a great bunch of talented, generous people we've had the good fortune to meet.

It was truly wonderful to get to play with all the HFC guys and girls again on Friday and Saturday nights. Robbie said he feels like the luckiest guy in the world to get to hang out with this group, and I feel the same way. I look forward to the next opportunity to see you guys again. Pictures will follow after I get some rest tonight...

I just have to echo whats been said by those who attended. It was great to re-aquaint with b'day boy Bruce, Robbie, Joe, Dan, Carmie and George. Equally great to meet Eric, Chris, Dave, JohnnyThunders. I didn't officially meet Butcher, BadgerDave, Ted, Shredmeister, BTMN or Pam but I saw you all play and was proud and humbled to be a part of this family. And what can I say about belgian, but it was very nice to meet you and visit with you. I hope you are enjoying your time in the states. Lastly I'd like to thank my brorther Mark for being my navigator when I come in to these gatherings, without him I would be lost(pardon the pun). He enjoys these as much as I do. I do have some pics I will try and post or e-mail to someone if I can't.

It was a blast! Great to see everyone again and meet some new folks. MCChris cracked me up more than a few times and he's a pretty damn good player too. Great to meet you man. I loved hearing Eric Weston. I would play in your band anyday. Duncans, I don't think you formally met Butcher but I'm pretty sure I saw you two jammin' some blues, yes? Gotta love Joe singing. He's so powerful that he holds the mic about 2.5' away from his mouth and still cuts through. Bruce's bro on bass was great. Did he really *just* start playing? Conrad, what a sweet dude! Pam, Gene, George, Carmie, Badger, Gary, Syd, Shred, I'm sure I'm missing folks, love to all of you. What a great bunch. And no one told me Rudolf Schenker was gonna be there! :lol:

Extra special thanks to MINI BIKE for surprising the hell out of me by learning (and insisting on playing) one of my tunes. Wow! Sorry about the strap drama.

Bruce, thanks for being such a great host. I really feel your love of music when watching you play with all those different folks. Happy birthday, one more time.

Monday morning here at the 4-3-2-1, the last survivors are still sleeping.... :lol:

This was the best party I had in the last few years, and it was so great to meet all of you.

The music was superb, the people so great...

A big thanks to Bruce to make this all happen and inviting me in...

Extra special thanks to MINI BIKE for surprising the hell out of me by learning (and insisting on playing) one of my tunes. Wow! Sorry about the strap drama.

So what's a little drama between friends :D Besides, I think you really rocked Frankenstrap - and the "Do it Again!!!" screams for Jive Talkin' :lol: proved it.

Is there an echo in here? I can't begin to name y'all and say how much I enjoyed seeing everyone again. Pam, I didn't get to play with you this time but we will soon, and you looked Fabulous. What a great time and such amazing music from some of the finest folks I could ever hope to play with. Shout out to the Famous Volcanos (Stromboli? Krakatoa?) and the joy of hearing Toni lay down some killer drumming. The 'Bruce Magnet' that draws us all to MSP give off the best vibes ever. It was an honor to celebrate Bruce's b-day with his family and friends and to rock out the Eagle's Club. Great to meet Shred and hear him do just THAT, and I got to hear Eric two nights in a row, who-hoo! And I got to play with Sid & Toni (and George will tell you that he LOVES to play with girls, too :D ) & Bruce & MC Chris.

I can't wait to see Conrad's pictures. What a gentleman! Great taste in beer, too. And if I can get up on stage & play, so can YOU, so next time...

I got nuthin else. Hope to see everyone again soon.

To many things to mention in one post.

Being back in Minnesota with old and new friends. Many HUGE thanks for welcoming myself and my friends I brought along to invade the jam with their guitars, an old ES335, Tyler Strat, and Dean V. Elduave even snagged the ES for the first of two renditions of Stranglehold of the night. I gave my friend Mark the Hamer Echotone that I had brought along to play on a tune I penned up for the jam called DADGAD Rawks after the tuning I played in. I thought it would be cool for Mark to play the ES and I the Echotone because Mark had let me play that same 335 in 1976 when I was a total beginner to guitar. Some might say I haven't gone far since. :lol::D I gave him the Echotone in thanks for helping me to find a lifelong passion. As soon as I bought it in July I knew where and why it was going where it went.

Bruce granted me the honor to join me on DADGAD Rawks and at special reguest even tuned his 8 String Blue Hamer cutie to do it with. WOW!!! Recruiting a drummer at the last minute was great too. :P I think his name was Sid but I'm not 100%. He played Tie Your Mother Down with us too., Scotty, BruceM's brother joined us at the last minute on that song too.

I killed Tie Your Mother down. :D No really I did. People left the room. :P;):D Told ya'll I wasn't Freddie. Sir Dan and Mark however ripped it up. I looked over to my right and just watched as they went at it. I wasn't even sure where to come in for the last verse cause they played so well. Sir Dan got so fired up he leaped of the stage at the end of it. :D

I remember holding on to Shorty, my mini Standard, during that one and thinking, yeah I'm not playing on this one. :D

Up next was an interesting version of Judas Priest's Living After Midnight only I changed all the lyrics to represent aspects of turning 50 or older and called It Living After 50. Couple folks had a good laugh. MCChris joined me on Bass and Eric Weston rounded that out with some smoking riffs. Coolest of all was Elduave on Drums. Is there nothing this wildman cant do?

Later in the night near the end of the night, a good old friend got up and played To Hot To Handle with Eric Weston, Elduave on bass, Shredmiester, and Drummer Sid from above and myself on vocals. We had a good time with that. My friend Tim had been through some sad stuff this past week and getting a new guitar made him feel so good that the next thing I know we changed drummers, THANKS Mike, and Tim started cranking out Ted's Stranglehold and we had a REALLY good time with that one. Elduave stayed up on bass and myself on vox. Strangest of all was to look to my left during the solo and somewhere along the line Shredmiester has stepped off and up there was MCChris and he and Tim were getting down. I never even knew he was there until halfway through the song. I only had one drink. :P

It was a great thing to meet the new folks. So many. To call names would be unfair for me, cause there were so many, Bruce's family, the folks Friday at Bruce's, and was there any count on how many folks were at the Eagle's. BTW, downtown in Minneapolis is a place called Minneapolis Eagle, NOT the Minneapolis Eagles Club. :D:D:P:D:D Finally got to the jam about 8 instead of 7, AYE!!!!

What a fantasic event and all because of a silly messageboard huh?

Life IS Good!!!

None of this means squat without pictures.......

:lol: No doubt !! and since I had considerably more to drink (oops) than BTMN, my memory is kinda foggy from about 10PM on....I remember getting blown away by MCChris and his twisted Cream riff (WTF? that was sooo cool) during a song that was NOT by CREAM. I remember getting a couple of unsuspecting babes on the dance floor ( thanks Sid & Carmie) and...um.......somebody refresh my memory....I was loaded, I must have pissed SOMEBODY off! :D Lets see more pics!

I remember getting blown away by MCChris and his twisted Cream riff (WTF? that was sooo cool) during a song that was NOT by CREAM.....I was loaded

The "loaded" part certainly explains the "blown away" part LOL! Forcing the riff of one song into another is a stunt deserving of scorn, not admiration.

I remember getting blown away by MCChris and his twisted Cream riff (WTF? that was sooo cool) during a song that was NOT by CREAM.....I was loaded

The "loaded" part certainly explains the "blown away" part LOL! Forcing the riff of one song into another is a stunt deserving of scorn, not admiration.

YESSS, you should be ashamed.... :lol: ...LMAO

Archived