Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Uh oh....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think for such a unique and valuable offering, the seller would've taken some better photos. For some reason, I'm hungry for a tuna sandwich all of a sudden. Could be the Holy Grail though.

Damn you didn't waste anytime posting this. It was just put out there an hour ago as I type this which means it had just hit Ebay when you put up this thread.

Did you know it was coming or have internal alarms and smelt it? :P

If this is legit we will find out who, if anybody on this board, has the deepest pockets.

That's been in the Registry for years. That's Martin's guitar and was the one used in early Hamer ads. I talked to Martin at length about the guitar a couple of years back-he loved the sound and the playability, but the explorer shape was too much for onstage stuff, so he used it in the studio only. He did still own it as of Labor Day weekend two years ago when I met with him.

Rick Nielsen owns the first numbered one #0000 and #0001 is a bass that went to Wishbone Ash's bassist. Rick's was completed in 12/74 and the others in '75.

That's one of the grails, folks. This one should have working Gibby PAFs, so if you figure that into the cost (unless the pickups were changed-I seem to recall that the original bridge pickup was a double black...), you might get your money out of this one. Stike?

IIRC it does. I talked to Martin T about that one as well a year or three ago (time flies). He still has that one. It is hard to see the true finish in the pics that I've seen, but it is actually black sparkle.

Martin said he loved the sound and the way it played, but he is a small guy, so it was too big to be a stage guitar. I've got #0017 and it is probably the cleanest older Hamer I've ever run across. That guitar sounds amazing, but I'm not about to beat the hell out of it!

Archived