Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Intelli-Shred revisited

Guest JackButler

Guest JackButler

I don't know if any of the old threads from the old board will wind up here so I thought I'd just post an update:

To each and everyone of you who has ordered Intelli-Shred...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I've literally just sent out copies to every corner of the globe!

I'm already discussing a second round with the printers.

Everyone be watching your mailboxes and THANK YOU!!!!!

I'll check the old board just in case anything got added before the switch.

Blessings and prayers to you all,

Kevin

Its an amazing book...my playing has improved by leaps and bounds since getting the book in Jan.

If you are new to the board, Jack Butler (aka Kevin Dillard) is one of the best guitarists you will find. I hung out with him at NAMM, and most of the time I just sat there gawking as he was trying out guitars...LOL!!

We were at the Rowan booth checking out some guitars, and Kevin was ripping it up. I was plucking away at an amazing piezo guitar when Hamerica asks.."Poe...you wanna plug that in?"

My answer...

"No...thats ok." LOL!!!!!

Guest JackButler

Not sure if this is THE particular book that BCRGreg was referring to..although he does have a copy of this in his posession.

No problem posting the info:

Kevin Dillard

673 Rocky Shoals Drive

Midland GA 31820

For PayPal:

please send to my friend Josh Howard at:

[email protected]

Thank you again Poe for all your kind words...not sure I'm worthy..but THANK YOU! It means a lot coming from you. Guys,....Poe, the man...RAWKS! It was MY pleasure to hang with you in Cali' and I promise it won't be the last time we get together!

And again 1000 thanks to all of you.

God Bless,

Kevin

Money sent!

My 13-year old has been banging around on Daddy's axes over the past couple of weeks...Kevin's tutorial is going to teach us both some stuff and fuel some great father/son time to boot!

Hey Poe,

I enjoyed watching Kevin play as well but there is a time for one to make their music. Email me.

Guest JackButler

Here are the specifics on the book:

It is the result of accumulated experiences during the last 18 years of teaching guitar.

I noticed that I started hearing from a lot of players who had been playing for quite a while and still felt like they were trapped in their boxes...you know the "caged" patterns for scales (mostly blues boxes) and modes.

Remember when most of us learned a new shape, box or pattern?...the newness of it was cool and then after a while, you kind of find yourself just running up and down the same old same old and wondering how to put it all together after seeing someone else running up and down the neck effortlessly...

This method was concoted with those in mind.

It is a series of "rut busters", melodic shapes and patterns that facilitate being able to run the neck and know where you are and how it relates to everything. To be able to break out of the "boxes" and run the neck without having to necessarily play every note in a particular scale.

There are also suggestions on developing a practice routine that works for YOU and articles on finding the right teacher to fit you...listening exercises are included as well..and it also attempts to de-mystify the whole theory thing.

Throughout all these years of playing, studying and teaching..I saw so many books for beginners and advanced players....but nothing really for bridging that gap between the two. I got to thinking..what about all the guys out there who have been playing for a while and feel like that just haven't been able to make that jump to the next level. What about the guys that feel stuck in a rut and are looking for something fresh? What about players who look at the whole theory thing and it just sounds like jibberish?

This is the basic premise for this particular method.

This manuscript has gone through several incarnations, edits, etc...with the help of Matt Smith's guidance (Matt knows a thing or two about writing great guitar books..lol)..this is the final version going to press.

Also, someone asked about the PayPal particulars. For my HFC bretheren..its just $10 for in the US and $12 everywhere else...this includes shipping and handling.

I hope this helps explain everything.

Please feel free to ask anything...

Thank you and God Bless,

Kevin

Sounds like a great book Kevin. I just put a check in the mail to you. When I saw this thread on the old board, I thought it was about pedals or something like that. I'm sorry I passed over it and hope I'm not too late.

Guest JackButler

Its never too late! And thank you for your interest in this thing..it has already surpassed my wildest expectations!

Tombo and El Kabong...you books went out via air mail yesterday...no need to send more money...I'm covered and not looking to make a killing or anything. LOL!

I'm awaiting the ISBN number and bar code info...so maybe soon it'll be coming to a store near you! LOL!

Guys (and girls),

Kevin is the real deal. I haven't received my copy of the book yet but knowing Kevin I already know that it will be good. I'm an OK player, I can surprise myself sometimes(!) but I still play in kind of the boxy - scalar fashion that Kevin's referring to. When I had Kevin, and Rodney (Jettster), over to the house one day they both played so effortlessly ALL OVER the neck! I then realized (for the hundreth time in my life!) what actual practice could do for you (instead of just noodling over the same old crap that you already know) and also just how lazy I was! It's so much easier to look and talk about gear on the net than really put in the blood, sweat and tears of practicing to get really good.

Anyway, one thing I learned from John Petrucci's video Rock Discipline was his use of octave shapes. Say you play a certain little run that sounds good in one position, just repeat it in the next octave up and then again. This gives you that long scalar (hell, I guess that's a word) sound w/o sounding like you are just running every note of the scale like some exercise. Anyway, that helped me a little bit and I'm hoping they'll be more "rut-busters" in Kevin's book to make us all the best playing message board on the net!

Hi Kevin, I sent $20 cash for me and Tombo when you thought it would be ok by bulk mail to Japan for the same amount. Do you wish me to PayPal another $4.00? The book sounds like exactly what I need. I'm feeling DeMartini, but I'm sounding kind of Frehley.

Burt

[email protected]

Thanks for posting that Kevin. I lost the address as well.

AND, funny, I'm feeling kind of Tipton and sounding kind of Frehley. Maybe IntelliShred will be the cure for my pentatonic blues. (pun intended)

Guest JackButler

You guys crack me up! LOL! ..."sounding kind of Frehley"..LOL!!!!!! Those are classics!

ZR, thank you for your kind words! I had a blast that day spent at your home. Guys, John was gracious to allow Jettster and I into his home for guitar geekdom and lunch. Hard to find better guys than the ones I've met from the HFC.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Kevin,

I got my copy a couple of days ago and I am trying to learn some of these licks. So far I think it is great. A job well done.

Thanks very much, Kevin (or Jack).

Gabe :blink:

Archived