Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Custom Hamer Standard for sale, LOW 4 digit #

Hello! Great site!

I'm selling my Hamer Custom Standard on the eBay, I figured this would be a good place to generate interest. It has a 4 digit custom serial # (NOT the 5 digit production #), it's pretty nice, I'm not ending the auction early. The reserve is $3000, and the jerk that exposed it by bidding high and then pulling his bid has been blocked.

Lots of nice pics on this site, thanks for the look!

Standard Link

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reserve is $3000, and the jerk that exposed it by bidding high and then pulling his bid has been blocked.

:) You mean this Jerk?!

JERK Post

This reminds me of the time some dipshit on here bid the minimum bid on a 4 digit auction just to remove the Buy-It-Now! He had no intentions of buying it either.

Hey jackass,

I didnt retract my bid to expose your reserve or whatever. I would gladly give you $3000 for that guitar and even pick it up and pay you in person. I dont want to get sniped at the end of the auction, as is usually the case. If you dont want me to bid on your guitar, so be it. Its only wood and strings and another will come around soon.

Riffmonger-I dont know why you are comparing this to whatever happened on that other auction, I never even heard that story.

Hey jackass,

I didnt retract my bid to expose your reserve or whatever. I would gladly give you $3000 for that guitar and even pick it up and pay you in person. I dont want to get sniped at the end of the auction, as is usually the case. If you dont want me to bid on your guitar, so be it. Its only wood and strings and another will come around soon.

Riffmonger-I dont know why you are comparing this to whatever happened on that other auction, I never even heard that story.

getting sniped or not....why bid, then retract ?

spend your conscience and you cant lose right ?

its not like you werent able to contact the seller to authenticate.

NO 4 DIGIT FOR YOU....

Hey jackass,

NO 4 DIGIT FOR YOU....

Yes, and no red bound and crowned sunburst for you.

I remember that happening at least twice in the past few years.

One time was on purpose, and the other was ignorance as to the guitar's value.

Either way, I cursed out loud both times, that's for sure.

Hey jackass,

NO 4 DIGIT FOR YOU....

Yes, and no red bound and crowned sunburst for you.

thanks for bringing that up...I have 2 now, but thanks for your concern.

hey....

just giving ya some sh!t... you had the 4 digit pegged,

all you had to do was follow through on the swing... :)

Man...

I remember when it was TOUGH to sell a 4-digit Standard!

(Ha ha ha!)

I'm dying to know how many "behind the scenes" emails linered has gotten in the last 24 hours asking him to close the auction early and never speak of it again!

:)

I'm dying to know how many "behind the scenes" emails linered has gotten in the last 24 hours asking him to close the auction early and never speak of it again!

:)

Does that really happen? *ducking*

FYI Folks,

Not looking for sympathy or making excuses for my actions BUT....I do believe that H&S2 is the same idiot that contacted me after I pulled my '78 Sunburst Dan Armstrong off of eBay, telling me, after the fact, that he was all set to offer me $8,000 and WHY, OH WHY? (his exact words) did I yank it so early? I got this email from a certain 'guitarsandparts' whom, I'm pretty sure, is Mr. H&S2. He's the reason I put it back on the Bay for the big bucks. Greed just got to me. By the way, I took it off the auction only because I decided I really wanted to keep the baby for myself and realized the mistake I almost made. Still have it, still love it, and I do apologize if everyone thought I was just f***ing with them.

P.S.

hamersandstrats2, if I'm wrong about you, I truly apologize but....I don't think I am.

Hey jackass,

and he's the jackass????

Stevemec,

You were being a greedy sonofabitch, and you deserve what you got, and it was pretty funny!

Thought I fessed up to that on the board, maybe not?

Ohhh...Oh, Yeaahh, yeah, I get it now! Yeah, it IS funny!

Hey, HFCers!!! Send in your cards & letters. Let me hear from ya!

Tell me if you thought it was truly as funny as I did. H&S2 is a pretty funny dude, huh?

there's no justification for douches who retract their bids "entered wrong amount" because they "entered the wrong amount"

i had some piece of shit bid twice and retract his bid twice in an attempt to see what the max bidder actually bid. he can suck my ass.

also hamersandstrats is intimidated by buff guys with chops laying down mean riffs with their shirt off.

Bidding and retracting your bid (particularly with the expressed intent to snipe) is wrong, but in this case I highly doubt that it will effect this auction.

We all pretty much agree that the guitar will probably go over $4k, so the temporary setback in the bidding (even though it crept back up almost to where it was before the bid was retracted) is just that - temporary.

The bidding flurry will surely come, so let's not all gather in a torch lit posse just yet.

Guest pirateflynn

I don't usually like to comment on a "for sale" ad other than to boost it a little but I think you guys are being to harsh on hamersandstrats. Yes, he blew it by withdrawing his bid but he intended on bidding again. I'm quite sure he placed a proxy bid for the maximum he was willing to spend (he mentioned $4500). That is why the bidding automatically went up to the reserve. He reliezed that now his proxy bid could be chased down by some eager insatiable guy or by a newbie, exposing his proxy bid and driving the auction up higher than necessary and he would miss out on a guitar that he really wants. Sometimes those bidding flurries are superfluous and are not followed through with, ruining the auction in another way.

4 digits can make the most stable guy a little insane!

It was a mistake and by his actions he revealed the reserve, which sucks, but it wasn't done maliciously. One remedy would be to immediately replace his proxy (retracted) bid with a new one at the reserve amount (nobody would know the difference) and then wait it out and throw in his maximum at the end.

Anyway, hamersandstrats made a mistake but he is one of us and should get a pass, IMO.

That is a beautiful guitar. Best of luck with the sale and thank you for sticking to your word by seeing the auction through.

Archived