Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Custom Hamer Standard for sale, LOW 4 digit #

This reminds me of the time some dipshit on here bid the minimum bid on a 4 digit auction just to remove the Buy-It-Now! He had no intentions of buying it either.

LOL...that 'dipshit' was me. IIRC the BIN was something like $850 and it wound up going for something like $2200...it was three or four years ago, and not a particularly spectacular or clean example.

I bet the seller was happy to get what it was worth. Wouldn't you, as the seller, have been?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of the time some dipshit on here bid the minimum bid on a 4 digit auction just to remove the Buy-It-Now! He had no intentions of buying it either.

LOL...that 'dipshit' was me. IIRC the BIN was something like $850 and it wound up going for something like $2200...it was three or four years ago, and not a particularly spectacular or clean example.

I bet the seller was happy to get what it was worth. Wouldn't you, as the seller, have been?

But your actions killed anyone here's chance of getting it for $850.

It made the guitar MUCH more expensive, probably causing the buyer to have to dig much deeper. Wouldn't that piss you off, as a prospective buyer?

But your actions killed anyone here's chance of getting it for $850.

It made the guitar MUCH more expensive, probably causing the buyer to have to dig much deeper. Wouldn't that piss you off, as a prospective buyer?

I applaud any insertion of a monkey wrench into the already chaotic, ridiculous and utterly asinine culture of eBay. Well done, dipshit!

LOL, redux. It didn't make the guitar worth any more or less, it allowed the market to decide what it was worth.

Considering your oft-stated stance on value v. price I find your comment somewhat ironic. When potential customers try to chisel you down another 5% because the guy down the highway will do that price, remember what you just typed.

LOL, redux. It didn't make the guitar worth any more or less, it allowed the market to decide what it was worth.

Considering your oft-stated stance on value v. price I find your comment somewhat ironic. When potential customers try to chisel you down another 5% because the guy down the highway will do that price, remember what you just typed.

Thanks for the thought.

Two different situations, though.

Think about it.

Can I make things all better by buying the guitar for my max bid?

The only thing I wanted to avoid was getting sniped at the last minute. For years, I have been bidding on auctions the legit way and I NEVER win. For example, I had been looking for a Boss Chorus for a year, and any one that i bid on, I end up getting sniped on by like $5. And thats just for a crappy pedal. I had a bid on the Sunburst that just got pulled as well. I can cite many other cases like this.

Know this-I would gladly resubmit by max bid, but I won't do it until the end, if the seller can get over this petty action.

I never wanted to, or even thought about "exposing" the guy's reserve. I don't think he will have any trouble reaching that reserve, as others have said.

Negative comments on this board, to me, are laughable. I have been reading this board for a long time, and I've seen so much BS that doesn't even compare to retracting a bid on an eBay auction.

I have sold some great guitars to many members here, and I have not had one complaint about any one of them-if I have, I would gladly buy them all back.

So, I may not be perfect, like Jisham, and all the other mud-slingers here, but I can live with that. Its only a guitar.

H&S2,

I think bidding your max or conscience, maybe even your wifes idea on what its worth vs. a new convection oven, was what everyone was saying in the first place...

I could be wrong ,but I dont believe you had to retract, to add a sniper software service ?

I havent read a single post insulting you on a personal level...

everything happens for a reason, if youre meant to have this guitar it will happen,

if not....

it will be on its way somewhere else.

after all the attention you've drawn to yourself, especially posting the damn thing being up in the first place,

then basically saying "hey back off its mine"

makes me think youre gonna pay a hell of alot more than you probably had to ...and thats IF you even win it...

take the day off work, grab a few cold ones and bid away....

I do it all the time...

that or simply drive over to the guys house with 35-40 uncle bennies. :)

Ok....I gotta say this.....this is too frickin funny but...I like watching car crash and train wreck video's too!!! :)

This is old-school HFC. I, for one, fuckin' love it! Anyone who says they don't is a goddamn liar.

Ok....I gotta say this.....this is too frickin funny but...I like watching car crash and train wreck video's too!!! :)

This is old-school HFC. I, for one, fuckin' love it! Anyone who says they don't is a goddamn liar.

Oh..don't get me wrong...I love this shit!...LOL!!!

me likey duh marshalls !!!

I'm far from perfect but I'm not the one who bid on the guitar, told everyone to back off, then rectracted my bid, then tell everyone about it and the new sniping software.

I'm much more simple: I just put in my maximum bid the last 10 seconds of auction.

This thread needs more pictures...

HAMER.JPG

F-IN', BLOODY, BRILLIANT...RED MARSHALL 1/2 stack and most importantly, that PARK cab :) must be the BEE'S KNEES...i'm impressed with the gear and i recall how 0225 for sale post got it's fair share of banter between HFCers...i, too, like kurtstuff's' lovin' this stuff.

BCR's 0465 is a good/fair deal below $4k, but what do i know :D ...

kilroy posts :D ...

Archived