Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Custom Hamer Standard for sale, LOW 4 digit #

I also had an early Sunburst - bound w/ a sunburst flame top-BUT...

The guitar was set up with a separate Gibson bridge and tailpiece, not the usual one piece combo thing...

Were those common?

Depends on what you mean by "early" and what you mean by "set up" (and what your definition for the word "is" is).

If it was "set up" that way from the factory and it is "early" (as in '77 - '82), then no, that was not at all common.

There are a few out there, but they're rare.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had a document/pic of it, someone told me it was made in 1976. It was factory, no mods. Sold it for 600, ow...It wuz bad azz.

That was a long time ago.

(and what your definition for the word "is" is).

It is what it is. What it was.

Was the binding on Sunbursts/Specials kaput after 1982? I remember seing tons of Hamer Specials (or Sunbursts?) and not liking them cuz they didn't have binding.

Sunbursts started in '77. There are three or so that I'm aware of, not many more. All Sunbursts were bound on the top. Specials started in 1980 when Tom H stopped doing them. Sunbursts changed slightly, but were made alongside Specials.

stumbling over the google button to find the lubricants ! :)

wait ....that doesnt sound right....

Hey John (peedenmark7),

I didn't feel like starting a new topic, and this is a total non-sequitor to the above topic BUT.... I believe you may have beaten me out on a bid for a set of 6 Vintage Grover Bulls-Eye Tuners months ago. You wouldn't be inclined to sell them to me, would you? I really only need one (1), but I'm sure you wouldn't want to break up the set. I wouldn't. The only thing missing on my '78 Sunburst is one of the bulls-eye tuner post caps. Let me know.

final price is scammer terminology....probably some idiot from nigeria /indonesia or the like...

I find it strange anyone in eithe rplace would want an electric guitar when you see that many live in mud huts without electricity on t.v.

I get those dinks emailing me all the time fishing to see if I am an easy mark...

I am sure everyone here has gotten a few of them...

did you end up at the packer gamer ? I had a blast yesterday,but what pathetic showing by the green/gold.

Man, this thread is a beautiful, funny, mess. I love every one of you guys. ;)

Good luck with the sale and I hope whomever gets it plays it and has a great time on it. No Case Kings Please!!! :lol:;)B)

Now another one (nbptrading) has retracted a bid because he "entered wrong amount". That is ridiculous because he discovered that three days after he made the bid.

Gabe :lol:

If he really wants it, he's got a bunch of other bidder id's though... On a positive, he's a pretty good eBayer.

serial, yea I shouldve phrased that differently . :lol:

Whatever, may the high bid WIN! I've never understood why people retract bids if they have multiple ID's. I don't even get why people retract bids, period.

I would think they do so to reveal what the top bidder's max amount is. That way they can decide if they really want to spend that much money without getting all caught up in last minute decision making.

Congrats! I guess all of that "price fixing" talk has been proven to be a crock. Gee, a Standard that sold at what people have been predicting market price to be! :lol:

Archived