Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Custom Hamer Standard for sale, LOW 4 digit #

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Congrats to seller (linered) and the buyer.

Buyers ID sounded Japanese but it seems it went to Libertyville, Illinois, United States.

Any HFC'er out there that we know of :lol: ? Who ever got this guitar will be a happy person. They are truly awesome instruments.

Hey John (peedenmark7),

I didn't feel like starting a new topic, and this is a total non-sequitor to the above topic BUT.... I believe you may have beaten me out on a bid for a set of 6 Vintage Grover Bulls-Eye Tuners months ago. You wouldn't be inclined to sell them to me, would you? I really only need one (1), but I'm sure you wouldn't want to break up the set. I wouldn't. The only thing missing on my '78 Sunburst is one of the bulls-eye tuner post caps. Let me know.

steve , not me.... but if its that seller in california with the seemingly endless supply

of them steer clear , asthey are factory seconds.

they slip backwards when nearing full tension...

I sent you a PM with all the details...

Hey John (peedenmark7),

I didn't feel like starting a new topic, and this is a total non-sequitor to the above topic BUT.... I believe you may have beaten me out on a bid for a set of 6 Vintage Grover Bulls-Eye Tuners months ago. You wouldn't be inclined to sell them to me, would you? I really only need one (1), but I'm sure you wouldn't want to break up the set. I wouldn't. The only thing missing on my '78 Sunburst is one of the bulls-eye tuner post caps. Let me know.

I have an almost complete set (five good'ns and part of a sixth) that I would sell/trade to you.

Email me...

Hi, I've not been a member but have "lurked" for a while.

0215 was picked up from Linered today and has found it's new home in IL.

It is more beautiful in person than even the pictures show!

Linered is a straight up guy and I appreciate dealing with him, I've been looking for a 4 digit Standard for some years now and happy to find one so close to home,

Haven't got to plug it in yet...

Mark

Hi, I've not been a member but have "lurked" for a while.

0215 was picked up from Linered today and has found it's new home in IL.

It is more beautiful in person than even the pictures show!

Linered is a straight up guy and I appreciate dealing with him, I've been looking for a 4 digit Standard for some years now and happy to find one so close to home,

Haven't got to plug it in yet...

Mark

MARK-

Welcome...enjoy the 4-digit!

Had a '78 Sunburst, but could never get used to the location of the pickup selector switch, kept hitting it unintentionally and not finding it when I wanted it. Sold it and started the great search for the Standard, fulfilled tonight.

Name is Japanese, by way of Chicago.

BTW, Linered ran an honest auction, I never communicated with him during the auction, put a high bid at the last seconds (heart thumping) and hoped for the best.

If it looks like I spent alot, wait a year or two ...

Welcome! I agree on the year or two statement. Standards have easily doubled in the past year and a half as word gets out about the old ones. You got what looks like a nice one! I think I'm all finished selling 'em-down to three to hold onto!

If it looks like I spent alot, wait a year or two ...

Looks like you spent what it took to win - nothing more.

Considering the money these have been fetching, I think you paid the going rate. I expected it to go higher, in fact.

Welcome to the board.

Hey Mark,

Nice score, man. I had a sub-100 4-dig that I got out of VG from some dealer for $450 bucks and sold soon after for a mere $700. Back then (mid 90s) I could find bound and crowned Sunbursts for $250 but couldn't get $400 out of them.

My Standard had EMGs...not sure but Jol said they likely were originals. It was a rockin' stud! It just looked kinda funny on a guy in Tony Lamas and a Bailey.

Enjoy yours!! and welcome. This has been a great thread.

Archived