Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Colbert v. Decembrists

cmatthes

Funny as hell into the first 30 seconds tonight!

WATCH IT.

(Hamer content already? Checkerboard strap, and Nielsen and Trick do the theme song)

god that guy from the Decemberist is a frickin AMATURE!

He was pathetic!

Of course, Colbert brought it with the Korina Hamer 5 neck! Checkerboard Studio/Special on the stand too.

Frampton pulled it out...

Colbert rawked the talkbox B)

The only thing to knock about that show is when SC said "Nick" Nielsen at first (he was nervous). What a great day for folks who are sick of (insert party here) politcos and fans of the fiddle. The stars have truly aligned.

I caught just the end of it last night. Love that checkerboard special! I gotta say, Frampton's tone was not up to his usual level. Rick, on the other hand, had a rockin' tone.

I also decided after looking at Rick's mic stand that I don't put up nearly enough guitar picks at a gig. 6 on a clip thing isn't gonna cut it. I need to buy maybe 10 of those clips and get 60 going on there.

I also decided after looking at Rick's mic stand that I don't put up nearly enough guitar picks at a gig. 6 on a clip thing isn't gonna cut it. I need to buy maybe 10 of those clips and get 60 going on there.

In the interest of saving you money, just do what Rick (well, his poor tech) does - lay out a 3 ft. strip of gaffer's tape and lay out the picks point-first. Tape 2-4 of those to your mic stand and you too are a rock god.

That was sweet! I think I'll keep that one on the Tivo for a while.

True 'dat! That's why I don't really get this "modern rock." It's not about actually being able to play just whining vocals and jumping up and down. If that songs were good it would be one thing but songwriting is nonexistant too!

True 'dat! That's why I don't really get this "modern rock." It's not about actually being able to play just whining vocals and jumping up and down. If that songs were good it would be one thing but songwriting is nonexistant too!

I disagree wholeheartedly; the Decemberists are about songs and songwriting. Their lyrics are obscure and quite literate. It is obvious, however, that instrumentalists they aren't. B)

I disagree wholeheartedly; the Decemberists are about songs and songwriting. Their lyrics are obscure and quite literate. It is obvious, however, that instrumentalists they aren't. B)

I think the point is that he had no business "shredding" on national television.

What's next? Me starring in my own sitcom?

I'm sorry but that band's 15 minutes ran out at about Midnight, Eastern.

Y'all are killing me. I can't believe anyone's knockin' the guys shred skills. That's like knocking the contestants athletic skills on "Battle Of The Network Stars". Don't tell me anyone thought the Decemberists dude was thinking, "I'll show him" without tongue planted firmly in cheek. He was being silly.

It's a comedy show.

Remind me to challenge Cobert to a green screen guitar duel. I can't look worse than that Decemberist's guitarist!

That's mean. Does that mean you suck? Could you use makeup/special effects to help the guy? B)

Archived