Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Colbert v. Decembrists

cmatthes

Guest Meshuggah

The only thing to knock about that show is when SC said "Nick" Nielsen at first (he was nervous). What a great day for folks who are sick of (insert party here) politcos and fans of the fiddle. The stars have truly aligned.

B) +2

I had a meeting with Kissinger the day after that aired. He was still laughing about it. I hadn't brought any Hamers along, so I didn't have a chance to get his opinion about whether I was better than Colbert, Frampton or the guy from the Decembrists, which is probably good since the only thing I can shred is cheese B)

MarkB

I had a meeting with Kissinger the day after that aired. He was still laughing about it. I hadn't brought any Hamers along, so I didn't have a chance to get his opinion about whether I was better than Colbert, Frampton or the guy from the Decembrists, which is probably good since the only thing I can shred is cheese B)

MarkB

Maybe, but I'd say most people are trumped by any story that starts out with "I had a meeting with Kissinger."

Remind me to challenge Cobert to a green screen guitar duel. I can't look worse than that Decemberist's guitarist!

That's mean. Does that mean you suck? Could you use makeup/special effects to help the guy? ;)

Yes, yes and yes. But not any meaner than anything on SNL. ;):P

Actually, the line in my signature comes from several of my clients. One in particular said to me, "I'm not paying you to make me sound like I always do. I'm paying you to make me sound way better so I can actually sell some of thes damn things [cd's]!" (many people say similar things though). We (the engineers) always get a good laugh when people tell us things like that. :P

As a client yesterday said, "Wow! Autotune is awesome!!!!" I just smiled and said, "Yes. Yes, it is." He was grinning ear to ear. God bless the digital recording world. I'll never miss cutting tape again. I threw out all my grease pencils. B)

Edited (I think) because I just got home from work and it's almost 6:00am and I'm not sure if I'm awake or asleep...

Guest Meshuggah

I met Henry Kissinger in an elevator in the Medical Tower of the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda. Nancy was in for minor surgery. I was a Hospital Corpsman at the time.

My 15 minutes?

He never writes. B)

Archived