Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I want another half-stack!!!

But need one like another hole in the head, especially when it looks like my band situation is coming to an end. How many of you have finally said enough to lugging around something that almost big enough to drive? I've even gotten to the point where I don't use my Twin Reverb that much in favor of my modded C30.

I got tired of even hauling around my Marshall 2x12 1936 cab. I have a roadie now, but no road case for it. Otherwise I'd use it again and let him haul it. But there's nothing like the thump of a 4x12.

I'd replaced using my 4x12 with a 2x12 about 3 years ago. Then one nite the 2x12 cloned itself, and last week I think the 1st 2x12 snuck out of the road case & did the wild thang with the 2nd 2x12 and now I've got a bouncing baby 4x12! ;)

It sure can be a pain in the butt to hump these things in & out of clubs, but sometimes it's worth it. My band played an outdoor gig last night & I thought I might ought to use all of em. Goodness it sounded good. I had a DSL50 + the 4x12 & JTM45 feeding both the 2x12 cabs. Both amps were running at about 2 o clock on the master. Only bad thing is my calves can't hear a damn thing this morning.

I am to the point where I am disinclined to carry even a combo amp. Though the combined pieces weigh more, each piece of separate head and cabinet tend to weigh less. And less is good.

I am to the point where I am disinclined to carry even a combo amp. Though the combined pieces weigh more, each piece of separate head and cabinet tend to weigh less. And less is good.

You obviously don't have a Rivera M100 head. ;-)

My band is playing a gig at a large place next week. I'm taking the Rivera and my 2x12.

Halfstacks are addictive. Fot total annihilation my old Hiwatt 412 was the shit but it weighted almost 100lbs. I've been using a Bogner 410 cab that is amazing , lightweight open back , thump plus that open back spread and chime. it's a great alternative for us old guys too, weights about 40 lbs

Halfstacks are addictive. Fot total annihilation my old Hiwatt 412 was the shit but it weighted almost 100lbs. I've been using a Bogner 410 cab that is amazing , lightweight open back , thump plus that open back spread and chime. it's a great alternative for us old guys too, weights about 40 lbs

Yeah I was at my buddy's place last weekend and ran my newly acquired Fargen Mini-Plex through his Marshall 4x10 cab and it sounded fantastic.

Now I wish I had bought TomTerrific's Laney 4x10 off him LOL.

Hey gigging musicians,

I use 2 4x12 cabinets onstage with my 12 space guitar rack system for my Judas Priest tribute band. I need the punch, coverage and volume for this band's sound. Sounds killer and I don't mind the hauling around this setup. I only use this setup for shows anyway. :wub: That being said, I use either my 30th Anniversary Marshall 6101 combo with some effect pedals or my small rack system w/ an ADA 3TM MP-1 and a Mesa Boogie 20/20 power amp w/ a 2x12 stereo cabinet depending on the venue or for rehearsals. ;)

Guitar George

Hahaha- I parked my 4x12 years ago and went to a 2x12 combo, parked that and went to a 1x12 for most gigs....I'm sick of dragging a lot of gear around. In addition, many of the stages that I play on aren't THAT large and I'd rather have more room for myself. Bar owners can get nervous when they see all of our gear so a wall of amps in addition to the pa, lights and drum riser is a bit overkill in their minds....

I DO dust off the big rig for outdoor gigs tho.... ;)

Yeah I was at my buddy's place last weekend and ran my newly acquired Fargen Mini-Plex through his Marshall 4x10 cab and it sounded fantastic.

Now I wish I had bought TomTerrific's Laney 4x10 off him LOL.

Chris, this thread (along with my C30, even with an extension, getting totally drowned at the MWJ) has me thinking about dragging that one out of storage. The half-back design (half open, half sealed) gives you the best of both worlds. And lawd, that sucker is LOUD!

Chris, this thread (along with my C30, even with an extension, getting totally drowned at the MWJ) has me thinking about dragging that one out of storage. The half-back design (half open, half sealed) gives you the best of both worlds. And lawd, that sucker is LOUD!

I support that decision 100%.

I used to use what I thought to be the best sounding cabinets ever made...remember the Marshall 8x10 cabinets?? punchy,tight and just plain bitchin!..Yep...I used two of them. Over the years I switched to 4x12's and have been happy but with age and laziness I have tried experimenting with combo's and 2x12's and the sort but I can't use them. Running a 2x12 comes close but...somethings missing? I've been thinking about trying a Genz-Benz G-flex 2x12 as the rumor has it...they push as much air as most 4x12's?? and DaviE...I'm currently using a Rivera S-120 (an M-100 in stereo) so..I feel your pain bro!...lol!! ;)

Archived