Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Van Halen To Be Inducted.....

BTMN

Guest Mike Lee

That cover photo isn't real. They've grafted his airbrushed face onto a younger person's body (maybe his from earlier), and possibly someone else's hair. The hands might be his. The lighting isn't right either.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That cover photo isn't real. They've grafted his airbrushed face onto a younger person's body (maybe his from earlier), and possibly someone else's hair. The hands might be his. The lighting isn't right either.

I think it's Oprah's body.

Those nip-nips are most definitely his. Trust me on this.

Guest pirateflynn

I think the photo is real but probably doctored up a bit. The lighting is consistant, although not well done. Eddie looks funny in that pic because he is hiding his teeth and that is unnatural for him. He used to smile all the time.

Anyone else see the Fender EVH Model?

$25,000?! Let's be real here people.

Those b/w pics are great. That must be "Mammoth"-era VH, with the keyboardist.

Agreed on the b/w pics. They're fantastic. Hey, I see you mentioned Mammoth. They supposedly put out one "album" (could have been a demo?). I've searched and hunted high and low for that thing since I read about it as a kid. Anybody know if I wasted my time or if one actually exists? If you have it would you care to burn a copy for me?

Also, a few comments as a life long VH addict:

How much more butchering can that Frankenstrat take? I can't figure out who looks worse. Ed or that Charvel! I think that guitar has taken as much abuse as: DLR, MA, GC, SH, probably Val, and certainly we the fans. I'm saddened to here that Ed and Dave were as big an asshole as BCR Greg says. I really used to idolize these guys back in the day.

I'm saddened to here that Ed and Dave were as big an asshole as BCR Greg says. I really used to idolize these guys back in the day.

I don't think that Ed was as big of an @$$#013 back in the day - I think that he seriously started losing his mind in the late 80s/early 90s.

Right around the time he became irrelevant.

I'm still a huge fan of the 70s/80s VH, esp the DLR stuff. His sound was just exciting - I can't think of another word for it. It still rips.

Newer stuff...forgettable.

JEEZUS!!! RE the GUITAR WORLD cover, is it just me or does EVH look like he's got collagen/bee-sting lips???

And I was thinking about a Jocelyn Wildenstein comparison as well, but the above pictures confirmed my fears (and I'm LMAO). It'd be interesting to see if SPY magazine could do something along this line in a "Separated at Birth?" installment.

That doesn't look like Ed's face at all. Freakishly weird.

Agreed on the b/w pics. They're fantastic. Hey, I see you mentioned Mammoth. They supposedly put out one "album" (could have been a demo?). I've searched and hunted high and low for that thing since I read about it as a kid. Anybody know if I wasted my time or if one actually exists? If you have it would you care to burn a copy for me?

i haven't heard of a Mammoth bootleg. the Gene Simmons produced "Zero" demos are widely available on the web, in MP3 or lossless flavors.

Archived