Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Stolen guitar alert

Jeff R

I don't think anyone is claiming Dokken is really heavy, but on the heavyosity meter I give Loverboy about a 2 and Dokken at 4 or 5.

So, not that much of a gap between the two, which was my point all along.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One could argue the relevence of anyone then Jaye. Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Led Zep. None of these bands are burning up the charts of late. Their catalog will be around forever however and that's where the proof of relevence is. Lynch is still a monster guitarist even though he's lifting weights most of the time these days.

One could argue the relevence of anyone then Jaye. Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Led Zep. None of these bands are burning up the charts of late. Their catalog will be around forever however and that's where the proof of relevence is. Lynch is still a monster guitarist even though he's lifting weights most of the time these days.

Well, that's the difference I do believe: the Stones Zep etc. still get heavy airplay and will be around forever. Lynch? Nah... Other than Mr Scary or whatever it's called, I'd be hardpressed to name one song he played on.

Lynch got chops to give away to any of us and some. Also, his lead tone is truly remarkable. He is currently working on a new album. I've already listened to some samples and there are lots of soaring lines and smart shredding in there, believe me. I just hope vocals won't ruin it.

Well, that's the difference I do believe: the Stones Zep etc. still get heavy airplay and will be around forever. Lynch? Nah... Other than Mr Scary or whatever it's called, I'd be hardpressed to name one song he played on.

I have to admit Lynch is far from that level of transcendence, but well, Dokken did hit the charts pretty often in the eighties, as cheesy as it gets – "Paris is Burning", "Breaking the Chains"... As a player that never made it to the true major leagues, at least Lynch has his place in the history of metal guitar. In any case, I do like what he plays at least from a technical (or chop-wise) point of view. And I LOVE his lead tone.

Guys like Lynch, Vai and Paul Gilbert are still extremely popular in Japan too.

...but popularity means nothing after all. Will Britney Spears transcend? -- I mean, musically?

Heard "New Thing" the other day on Hair Nation, as well. Cool song.

/* really ducks this time.

If we're going to make a list of influential/important guitarists from the hair band era, I'd have to go with these (in no particular order).

George Lynch

Paul Gilbert

Warren Dimartini

Yngwie Malmsteen

Jake E Lee

These guys stand out in the sea of wankers. Feel free to discuss, add more.

Steve Stevens?

The Maestro Alex Gregory?

And of course The Great Kat...

OMG! She sucks! -- well, I hope she really does. ;-)

Reb Beach, Def Leppard, John Skyes

Heard "New Thing" the other day on Hair Nation, as well. Cool song.

/* really ducks this time.

If we're going to make a list of influential/important guitarists from the hair band era, I'd have to go with these (in no particular order).

George Lynch

Paul Gilbert

Warren Dimartini

Yngwie Malmsteen

Jake E Lee

These guys stand out in the sea of wankers. Feel free to discuss, add more.

Archived