Hamer Fan Club Message Center

LP Standard Premium Plus

DavidE

Hey Bill o', Bring the standard over tues. If it kills my r-9 with '59 paf's, my conscience will be clear to cash out and go Esteban.

That should be a event, a Les Paul shootout! Rearrange it to take place at the revamped "Ghost Town"! :lol::rolleyes:

What holes?

Those little S. American termites have really been munching on that juicy tropical Mahogany!

Mine's not so fancy... I have a Limited Colours Edition Standard with the smoked charchol finish over the plain natural top...in the 8-81/2 pound range... I was told they didn't make that many of them so true or not it's still a little different. I alway hear how something sounds just like a Paul... This one still sounds different than my other humbucker guitars.. I'll post a pic later.

Hey Bill o', Bring the standard over tues. If it kills my r-9 with '59 paf's, my conscience will be clear to cash out and go Esteban.

That should be a event, a Les Paul shootout! Rearrange it to take place at the revamped "Ghost Town"! :lol::rolleyes:

just did this thisafternoon, you dont wanna know LOL ( '01 standrad w/ mystery PAFs did a really really good job against R9 w/ real PAFs )

That should be a event, a Les Paul shootout! Rearrange it to take place at the revamped "Ghost Town"! :lol::lol:

just did this thisafternoon, you dont wanna know LOL ( '01 standrad w/ mystery PAFs did a really really good job against R9 w/ real PAFs )

It's already over?! Man, wish I could have been there to witness it.... maybe next time. I have some "mystery" :rolleyes: PAFs also in a R8 that I would like to compare to some real deals.

Jammer, your gonna have ta introduce yerself in person to have all the fun, me and Steve are always up to something and ther are several nice pices to play and compare, I'm always giggin around the area, tonight @ Wild Wing Cafe in Asheville

Jammer, your gonna have ta introduce yerself in person to have all the fun, me and Steve are always up to something and ther are several nice pices to play and compare, I'm always giggin around the area, tonight @ Wild Wing Cafe in Asheville

Sounds like a plan! I'll give a P.M. when the timing lines up. It'll be cool to talk with ya :rolleyes:

i put down a deposit on an LP....

ever since then, been thinking...."WOW!....i coulda bought anotha Hamer"

Yeah...weight relief holes. I kinda like em' !

I tried a couple of standards that I really liked and went and got me a "holy" Boneyard. :rolleyes:

IIRC Hamer uses the weight relief holes on their chambered Standard Custom. Haven't seen any Xrays yet, but I think that's what we were told when wandering the factory last year. I keep having the thought that one of these days they'll chamber a Standard Custom like an Artist and cut a couple F-holes. That Standard Custom 'Duo-Jet' last year (two filtertrons and a bigsby, with an L5 fingerboard in gretsch orange over quilt) that Willcutt had last year will be tough to top IMHO. With the CNC, I'd imagine they could route a message into the top of the mahogany back and under the flame top - wonder what they would say (or if it's already happened lol - imagine getting an X-ray of your guitar with a message routed into it underneath the top).

Got some old yard-sale LP around - best guit-fiddle I own except for Grandpa (ask Demented - I think he liked Grandpa . Don't think he even bothered plugging in the LP lol). Nothin wrong with a good LP.

Is there any definitive list of which Les Paul models are holy?

Frankly, I'm more interested in the end result. If the guitar is lighter and sounds killer, I don't really care that there are "weight relief holes." If it killed the sound, that would be another story.

Frankly, I'm more interested in the end result. If the guitar is lighter and sounds killer, I don't really care that there are "weight relief holes." If it killed the sound, that would be another story.

Exactly! Like I said I like the holes!! :P

Archived