Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's this Hamer Relic worth?

Hello everyone, I'm new here but I need some advice about this Hamer Slammer Series Studio Archtop GoldTop that I have.

Many of the folks who are you giving you advice you asked for know as much (probably more) than Hamer in regard to product history and current used market values.

If you really think you guitar is worth much more than the numbers the experts are quoting, put it on the market and see how the market reacts. If you do sell it for what you think it's worth, good for you, but you may want to prepare yourself for cricket sounds in your inbox based on the opinions above.

I share their opinions BTW. While I'm not an expert on the imports and I can appreciate their bang-for-the-buck factor, I can't see one going for more than $300 on the used market. That's top dollar for a shit-ass clean piece from someone who hasn't thoroughly researched the market or shopped around.

No one's offered to buy the guitar from you for the $150 or $200 or whatever. That kind of indicates to me at least that no one here is trying to deceive or lie to you in order to cheat you out of your guitar, huh?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TomTerrififfic I fully understand that the pick ups are ducan design's and they are Imports but that's what i said in My original Post the pick ups are the only difference between what I have and the USA Model.

and Now The REASON I'm here is because I have searched the net over the last few days and from what I see there isn't another Hamer like mine on the net except the made in USA's they are the closest to what I have SO,,,, before I opted to let it go for the $ 450 that I was offered 2 days ago,,, I figured I better take one last look SO you see I'm as baffled about this guitar as I guess some of you folks are... and NO it hasnt been modified or altered, I know this because I was at the STORE when it was being opened and prepared for Display. At that time the store owner and I commented on how it was set up and both of us were surprised at the quality and sound this guitar had as we both tried it out. I was the first customer of his to actually touch it and only 2 days later I bought it. and NOW again I'm not quite sure i'm ready to part with it just yet...

and dude,,,, get yer own Banana !

Likewise, no disrespect intended, but I would guess that this board counts among its membership 99% of the Hamer collectors in the world BECAUSE it is the best source of information on the brand-often more than what Hamer has itself. If you can't get a true sense of the value of the guitar or its collectibility from this board you aren't reading the posts. NO import Hamer that I've ever heard of, even celebrity owned is "collectible" by anyone. The bare fact is that few people are interested in ANY imported Hamer for anything other than a half-decent player, which many of them can be. As for parts-check out what any "Duncan Designed" pickup goes for on eBay. Import pickups have little value for resale anywhere.

You asked what the guitar was worth. You got several answers from people who know what they're talking about. No offense intended either-the guitar doesn't appear to be what you want it to be worth. Even if the guitar was assembled in Korea completely with USA hardware, pickups (which is not the case clearly) and lumber, it would have almost zero collectibility (if any) and just have import guitar player value. I can say this because I probably have (although I don't follow it as closely as I used to) some of the best Hamer guitar and resale information of anyone on the planet. Not bragging...

Just stating facts.

Edited to add that you are a fool to NOT take $450 for that guitar if someone offers it if indeed you purchased it as a "collectible". If it plays as well as you claim (of which I have no reason to doubt you), you should play the snot out of it.

It's no clever accident that one of them is called "Serial."

I always thought he called himself "Serial" because it was his hip hop way to say he loves Captain Crunch! :rolleyes:

Truthfully, I love Hamer guitars. Believe me now or believe me later, but anytime I've had a question here, I've asked and been given the correct information or helpful information. You have a cool guitar and that's a cool thing. There just aren't many import guitars that hold that type of value. If it's worth more to you than the monetary value of selling it, then just keep it and enjoy it.

rock

bford

TomTerrififfic I fully understand that the pick ups are ducan design's and they are Imports but that's what i said in My original Post the pick ups are the only difference between what I have and the USA Model.

and Now The REASON I'm here is because I have searched the net over the last few days and from what I see there isn't another Hamer like mine on the net except the made in USA's they are the closest to what I have SO,,,, before I opted to let it go for the $ 450 that I was offered 2 days ago,,, I figured I better take one last look SO you see I'm as baffled about this guitar as I guess some of you folks are... and NO it hasnt been modified or altered, I know this because I was at the STORE when it was being opened and prepared for Display. At that time the store owner and I commented on how it was set up and both of us were surprised at the quality and sound this guitar had as we both tried it out. I was the first customer of his to actually touch it and only 2 days later I bought it. and NOW again I'm not quite sure i'm ready to part with it just yet...

and dude,,,, get yer own Banana !

Take that $450 and RUN! Then pat yourself on the back for having gotten the best possible price ever for that guitar...and then hope to hell you never run into the buyer again!

-Jonathan

the pick ups are the only difference between what I have and the USA Model.

Well, there's the wood.

And the "Slammer Series" logo.

And the fact that it was made in Korea.

But otherwise, I guess you have a point.

I always thought he called himself "Serial" because it was his hip hop way to say he loves Captain Crunch! :rolleyes:

I thought it was because of all the corpses he has sealed in the foundation of his house.

I thought it was because of all the corpses he has sealed in the foundation of his house.

Not the house I live in NOW.

Oh, and I do loves me some Crunchberries.

As for differences, the finish would also be different-Korean guitars were not finished like or with the same materials as the USA ones. Ever.

Dude.

If somebody actually :rolleyes: offered you $450 for that guitar, and assuming you have no moral issues with overcharging somebody for something, PLEASE do everybody a favor and jump on that deal. You will not see close to that kind of money for that guitar again in the foreseeable future.

And finally, PLEASE stop saying that the pickups are the only difference between your guitar and the USA model. You couldn't be more wrong in that statement. The USA models are made from premium wood, hands-on in a small shop by some of the best luthiers in the biz. Your Korean guitar comes off of an assembly line from a factory that mass-produces guitars for close to a dozen other brands and is made of what is typically graded as firewood in this country. The people who slapped your guitar together are probably making cheap furniture today in that same factory.

I thought it was because he was one of a series.

Hey guys I'm Sorry but I'm really Surprised at all this.

I really thought someone here would have a better understanding of the Hamer Guitar line... Especially after someone here referred to a few people here as "Hamer Experts" I'm not a Hamer Expert myself but apparently I've gained enough info on my own Equipment to know what I have, compared to what other so called experts THINK I have...

I didn't come here to argue or doubt someones understanding about the Hamer guitars Manufacturing history.

I'm just trying to explain what I already know about my own guitar and was just looking to see if anyone had any more info or advice that they could contribute to what I already know about marketing what I have.

If some here think it's only worth 150 or 200 bucks then they have their reasons for assuming those prices but those are the ones that are obviously wrong about the parts that were installed on my guitar and then when i try to explain what I have I get attacked like a Monkey holding the only banana..

Did anyone ever think maybe this guys Guitar is worth looking a little deeper into???

I referred to them as "Hamer Experts" because that's what they are. One guy has repaired more Hamer guitars than, dare I say, anyone else (outside of the factory itself). The other two guys have spent the better part of two decades chronicling the assorted models, production numbers, and yes VALUE of Hamer guitars. It's no clever accident that one of them is called "Serial."

All three of these guys are personal friends, by the way, of some guy named Paul who's last name just happens to be "Hamer."

It is no fault of ours that you happen to find yourself in the unique position of being the recipient of misinformation from someone trying to sell you something. It is not the first time that someone has wandered over here, and we've been made the bearer of bad tidings.

So far, you've been wrong about the list price of the guitar, the comparison to the USA models, the current value, and the idea in the first place that we might give a shit about any of it.

At the end of the day, it's worth what it's worth - not what it's worth to you.

It must be incredibly difficult for you to make your way through this big old world of ours, knowing that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Is there one person so far that has seen it your way?

Maybe it isn't us.

Hell, I'm considering giving you $350 for it just so that you'd drop the whole fucking subject.

When I received the guitar, I'd smash it, box it back up, and ship it back to you.

Everyone knows that the imports smash just as dramatically as the USA models.

I'm really starting to come around to the new moderation tactics here at the HFC! :rolleyes::lol:

I'm really starting to come around to the new moderation tactics here at the HFC! :rolleyes::lol:

The anger management class starts at 4pm EST...

Yeah, kind of gives "kindler and gentler" a new meaning. Wow-I actually look like the NICE twin? WTF?! Someone PLEASE give BroChris a shot of caffeine! That bitch be all cranky-assed! :lol:

I'm really starting to come around to the new moderation tactics here at the HFC! :lol::lol:

The anger management class starts at 4pm EST...

Your ass is LATE!

damn noobs always starting trouble in the for sale section.

Usually ends up like my favorite scene in GoodFellas:

frankvincent.jpg

When a noob says "so-called experts," we hear "now go get your fuckin' shinebox."

And finally, PLEASE stop saying that the pickups are the only difference between your guitar and the USA model. You couldn't be more wrong in that statement. The USA models are made from premium wood, hands-on in a small shop by some of the best luthiers in the biz. Your Korean guitar comes off of an assembly line from a factory that mass-produces guitars for close to a dozen other brands and is made of what is typically graded as firewood in this country. The people who slapped your guitar together are probably making cheap furniture today in that same factory.

No No No No! This was wood hand picked by the US factory and shipped to Korea because it was too good for them to work on here. And the builders who were specially brought in for this guitar are world class artisan luthiers that happened to be there that day teaching the regular factory workers how it should be done. Frank and Jol and Rick Neilson stood at the end of the production line, personally kissed and blessed this guitar as the best ever made! Then they put it in a special shipping crate and sent it directly to Bruce's dealer (because we all know that no regional distributer ever buys back a modified import and ships it out to a dealer as a brand new guitar).

This guitar is certainly worth at least $1200, and Bruce would be well advised to hold onto this guitar until he gets this price.

-Jonathan

I thought it was because he was one of a series.

Yes, he is one of a series of cereal loving serial killers. I believe number 3 to be exact. Also the only one to collect Hamer guitars!

No No No No! This was wood hand picked by the US factory and shipped to Korea because it was too good for them to work on here. And the builders who were specially brought in for this guitar are world class artisan luthiers that happened to be there that day teaching the regular factory workers how it should be done. Frank and Jol and Rick Neilson stood at the end of the production line, personally kissed and blessed this guitar as the best ever made! Then they put it in a special shipping crate and sent it directly to Bruce's dealer (because we all know that no regional distributer ever buys back a modified import and ships it out to a dealer as a brand new guitar).

This guitar is certainly worth at least $1200, and Bruce would be well advised to hold onto this guitar until he gets this price.

-Jonathan

You're teasing now, aren't you? :rolleyes:

-Jonathan

I like this side of you, Jonathan. As I said to Robbie at Bruce's Golden Jam, "we'll make a man out of you yet!"

Well at this point All I can say is

I got a lot of the information about this guitar way back when from a fellow named "Jol Dantzig" and I'm pretty sure it was Just before he left Hamer 1993 or 94ish... ... AND NOW all I can say is after you kids LEARN what they are, I'll teach you to play them.

have a great time in your very shallow fantasy worlds.... good day...

Well at this point All I can say is

I got a lot of the information about this guitar way back when from a fellow named "Jol Dantzig" and I'm pretty sure it was Just before he left Hamer 1993 or 94ish... ... AND NOW all I can say is after you kids LEARN what they are, I'll teach you to play them.

have a great time in your very shallow fantasy worlds.... good day...

This won't end well ....

I got a lot of the information about this guitar way back when from a fellow named "Jol Dantzig" and I'm pretty sure it was Just before he left Hamer 1993 or 94ish...

That guy in the Hamer magazine ads is sure gonna be surprised to read THAT!

Wow - a new record! Six hours.

Shortest time for a "Waterloo" speech ever!

Speaking of "fantasy worlds"...

Is that the same Jol Dantzig who just offered $450 for that guitar?

Archived