Hamer Fan Club Message Center

That purple hamer with white emgs

With all the folks around here that insist that they hate EMG's and Floyd Rose trems, it should narrow down the drawing pool for those of us that actually prefer those features on our guitars. :lol: Seriously though, I've seen many custom orders shown off here on this site, and I still personally think this guitar is one of the coolest New Hartford made Hamers I've seen in a while. Based on the color combinations and features it almost looks like something Hamer might have built as a spoof to appease those of us that clamour for the return of the "notice me" painted Hamer shredders of old, but I totally dig this guitar and will be "in it to win it"! :rolleyes: Regardless of who takes this beauty home after the raffle, I am just thankful that Hamer was generous enough to not only build it, but to offer it up to the HFC.

I have gone on record that I am not enamoured by either EMGs OR Floyds. That being said, when I win this one, I will learn to suffer and like them.

Or, I will put in old Dimarzios and a Kahler. :rolleyes:

Well, considering that it ran Spicoli $10,000 out of his reward money to hire Van Halen for his party in 1982...

I'd guess CT would be around that now for a private party.

Yeah! We can have a party with Cheap Trick and let Rick play the purple guitar before it is given away. I can see all of us with our jaws dropping as that guitar gets nicked and scarred by Rick. :lol: :lol: :lol::lol::o:o:lol::lol::o:lol::rolleyes::lol::lol: I can even see Rick's expression when someone says something about him scratching the raffle guitar. :lol:

Yeah! We can have a party with Cheap Trick and let Rick play the purple guitar before it is given away. I can see all of us with our jaws dropping as that guitar gets nicked and scarred by Rick. :lol::lol::lol::lol::o:o:lol::lol::o:lol::rolleyes::lol::lol: I can even see Rick's expression when someone says something about him scratching the raffle guitar. :lol:

Rick Nielsen...big deal.

The guitar's already been played by guys that can mop the floor with him.

It's cool to see that Hamer will still make a guit with those options. Sweet!

Dream on. That guitar was made for Prince. I would bet if any of us requested that guitar Hamer would...

1. Tell us NO.

2. Tell us YES and charge 10K. LOL!!!

(Poe ducks to avoid the flying things thrown from the masses.)

Rick Nielsen...big deal.

Here we go! :rolleyes:

Dude - clam up.

YOU'RE better than Nielsen!

I just don't get it. Why does it matter?

Rick Nielsen...big deal.

Here we go! :rolleyes:

Dude - clam up.

YOU'RE better than Nielsen!

I just don't get it. Why does it matter?

'cause I said so.

That guitar was made for Prince.

What happened .......... didn't he want it?

The company line was that the neck wasn't thin enough for him (which is crazy, because that thing is almost like a fretboard only coming out of the body). But wouldn't it be great if he rejected it because the purple color was "too obvious"? LOL!!!

No option on that guitar is out of the current availability from Hamer. If that was your spec for a custom order, you could certainly get it together and it wouldn't list out at anywhere near $10k!!

and we're adding a NO RESALE rule. EVER. you must be burried with it or pass it on to NOK. That's been the real legal hangup. So, no one can resell to make a quick $$.

To make sure this happens, We are going to have a secret ceremony at the 4 3 2 1 be4 the raffle to put a CURSE on anyone except the raffle winner, or their family member, who owns it.

Terms of the curse have not yet been finalized.

OOOPS, guess it's not a secret anymore either...

and we're adding a NO RESALE rule. EVER. you must be burried with it or pass it on to NOK. That's been the real legal hangup. So, no one can resell to make a quick $$.

To make sure this happens, We are going to have a secret ceremony at the 4 3 2 1 be4 the raffle to put a CURSE on anyone except the raffle winner, or their family member, who owns it.

Terms of the curse have not yet been finalized.

OOOPS, guess it's not a secret anymore either...

So much for having a party with Cheap Trick.

Ah, only a few members believe in all that Voodoo crap anyway!

Archived