Hamer Fan Club Message Center

That purple hamer with white emgs

........ the "legalities" of such an approach are way too complicated.

Yeah, what's the story with that?

It's like any other sweepstakes. To do it totally above board there has to be a list of the rules, a list of the winners needs to be made available, there needs to be witnesses to the selection of the winner, the list goes on. Trust me, when we do giveaways of any sort here at Playboy, just getting all the Terms & Conditions squared away through the legal department is a morass like you can't believe. If all ducks aren't in a row and someone pissed off that he didn't win the prize wants to start an investigation, suddenly you're looking at a mail fraud issue.

To all those who lust for it after seeing pictures of it: Take it from myself and the rest of my Twin Cities HFC brethren....you should see it in person ...or better yet ....you should play it !!

To all those who lust for it after seeing pictures of it: Take it from myself and the rest of my Twin Cities HFC brethren....you should see it in person ...or better yet ....you should play it !!

:lol::lol::lol::):):lol:

That's not very nice!!! (ya tease)

It IS a great player tho'

is this thing ever going to be raffled off ?

Thanks for doing such a great job with this Chris!

I can't tell if this is sincere or a shot (or a sincere shot) but I'm just trying to offer up info, because people here deserve some answers. However, I'm probably close to (if not already) doing what I bag on others for doing with regard to the goings-on at Hamer—speculating about things I have no idea about.

All I know for sure is that the idea of raffling off the guitar has been bandied about incessantly and the same conclusion is always reached—that no one wants to deal with the legalities involved with ensuring that the process remains completely above board. And I'm 99% sure the guitar is currently in Ted's possession. As for what happens from this moment forward, I do not pretend to know.

Is it legal for Ted to auction it with all the money going toward the costs of maintaining this site? That would exclude many of us, but at the same time the guitar would serve the purpose for which it was donated.

If I had a vote, I agree with the above statement. Ebay it with the money going to the costs of maintaining this site.

If we can't auction this guitar, perhaps we could auction another "special" guitar. That would be a wonderful way to raise money for the HFC. It would have to be a special, one of a kind guitar IMHO.

Bingo! Or if he can/wants to, sell it.

Really, it's totally up to him, and always has been. If/when he decides to do something with it, that's when something will happen.

Excactly.

Bingo! Or if he can/wants to, sell it.

Really, it's totally up to him, and always has been. If/when he decides to do something with it, that's when something will happen.

Excactly.

+ 1

is this thing ever going to be raffled off ?

Have you not been reading the posts to this thread today? The answer is no, it probably won't ever be raffled off.

no I havent been....after a year of reading and weeding , I thought I'd let you just tell me...

Archived