Hamer Fan Club Message Center

That purple hamer with white emgs

I think Bruce should get it. For all the jams he puts together. I think he deserves it!

DING DING DING. We have a winner.

I'm not trying to start trouble, and I probably should keep my mouth closed. But what about the other 1000 people on this forum.

Though I've never met Bruce, I'm sure he's a tremendous guy. I have no doubts about that. If it's Ted's guitar, he can certainly give it to whomever he wants. I personally feel if Ted wants to give it away, he should auction it and take the money to keep up maintenance on the website. But that's up to Ted.

If Ted wanted to have a vote, I think EVERYONE on this forum should get a vote, not just ten people. That's just my opinion.

Please don't shoot me, I'm only voicing my opinion as a member of this forum.

I'm not trying to start trouble, and I probably should keep my mouth closed. But what about the other 1000 people on this forum.

Though I've never met Bruce, I'm sure he's a tremendous guy. I have no doubts about that. If it's Ted's guitar, he can certainly give it to whomever he wants. I personally feel if Ted wants to give it away, he should auction it and take the money to keep up maintenance on the website. But that's up to Ted.

If Ted wanted to have a vote, I think EVERYONE on this forum should get a vote, not just ten people. That's just my opinion.

Please don't shoot me, I'm only voicing my opinion as a member of this forum.

No shooting necessary, I agree with you 100%. Bruce ain't exactly an EMG/locking trem kinda guy. The color suits him though LOL. Ultimately it's Ted's decision, but simply giving it to someone would be a BAD idea IMO. Of course it wasn't such a great idea for Ted to advertise that he had it before he had a concrete plan on what to do with it, but that cat's long out of the bag.

Personally, I have no interested in owning this guitar. Wouldn't enter a raffle for it, wouldn't bid on it on eBay, wouldn't accept it if Ted offered it to me as a gift. There is nothing about it I like other than the body shape. Trust me when I tell you that the neck is essentially a fingerboard with a finished back (and the word is that Prince sent it back because the neck was too big LOL). I play my guitars, I do not buy them to collect or to flip for a profit.

Personally, I have no interested in owning this guitar. Wouldn't enter a raffle for it, wouldn't bid on it on eBay, wouldn't accept it if Ted offered it to me as a gift. There is nothing about it I like other than the body shape.

I'm in this camp as well (although I WOULD accept it as a gift and look to sell it down the road).

All of the voting, conjecture, and suggestions are a waste of everyone's time. Bottom line is that it belongs to Ted and if he wants to keep it, give it away, throw it in a chipper, or hang it in the Hard Rock, it's all up to him, and if history is any guide, it is not a decision that he will make quickly.

I really think Ted should give this guitar away.............

.......to the HFC member that can stretch his nutsack out the farthest. Or to quote Jay and Silent Bob, whover can "pull their nutsack up over their dick and make it look like a bullfrog".

:lol::lol::lol::):):lol::lol::lol:

My 2 cents.

It's an interesting guitar that belongs to someone else. I have no opinion on what he should do with it. It is completely his decision. The guitar is not HFC communal property and, while everyone is entitled to an opinion (and to voice it), this has been discussed ad nauseum.

As a courtesy to the owner, whom we can all thank for the availbility of this forum, I suggest we back off. If any thing changes, I'm sure he will announce it here. If not, so be it.

Now let's start a thread about raffling off one of your guitars! :)

My 2 cents.

It's an interesting guitar that belongs to someone else. I have no opinion on what he should do with it. It is completely his decision. The guitar is not HFC communal property and, while everyone is entitled to an opinion (and to voice it), this has been discussed ad nauseum.

As a courtesy to the owner, whom we can all thank for the availbility of this forum, I suggest we back off. If any thing changes, I'm sure he will announce it here. If not, so be it.

Now let's start a thread about raffling off one of your guitars! :lol:

:) Best response I've seen :)

........ the "legalities" of such an approach are way too complicated.

Yeah, what's the story with that?

It's like any other sweepstakes. To do it totally above board there has to be a list of the rules, a list of the winners needs to be made available, there needs to be witnesses to the selection of the winner, the list goes on. Trust me, when we do giveaways of any sort here at Playboy, just getting all the Terms & Conditions squared away through the legal department is a morass like you can't believe. If all ducks aren't in a row and someone pissed off that he didn't win the prize wants to start an investigation, suddenly you're looking at a mail fraud issue.

Chris is 100% dead on. A "morass" is a great term for what would ensue. Raffles are games of chance and most states have laws against unlicensed games of this sort, usually with prizes over $500 which this certainly is. While there can be a legal path taken in most instances, it would likely involve hiring counsel and putting out more $$ than the raffle would generate.

And as to people wanting to take shots at anything HFC, most of us are aware that there are some people out there that would get involved just to stir the pot and cause headaches.

Ted funded this site for many years and I would be very surprised if he ever broke even with the Happy Meal donation drive or the Cafe Press stuff, although I'm sure that that has helped. I'm extremely grateful to Ted for creating this place where I've gotten to meet many fantastic people who share many of the same interests I do.

I really think Ted should give this guitar away.............

.......to the HFC member that can stretch his nutsack out the farthest. Or to quote Jay and Silent Bob, whover can "pull their nutsack up over their dick and make it look like a bullfrog".

:lol::lol::lol::):):lol::lol::lol:

Then you might as well give it to me. I'd win that Pepsi challenge.

Everyone's so serious all of a sudden (excepting all bullfrog-related posts). I just took "GIVE ME THIS GUITAR!" as being another way of saying "Hey, cool guitar." Nobody ever expects to win a raffle anyway.

Ted can do as he sees fit goes without saying. (9/10ths of the law might be an understatement in this case.)

My 2 cents.

Now let's start a thread about raffling off one of your guitars! B)

I think we should raffle BadgerDave's purple Artist.

• 2 years later...
don't ruin the magic. it will be a sad day if this saga ever reaches closure..

it never needs to. no more replies unless drunk or high or otherwise disoriented.. please

purplehamer1.jpg

it never needs to. no more replies unless drunk or high or otherwise disoriented.. please

purplehamer1.jpg

Let the NC tour begin :D .

LOVE that pic you magnificent mutherfooker! Here's a shot from Pennsyltucky earlier this Summer...

DSC_0814.jpg

Where will Waldo appear next? :D

So is the neck as fiendishly thin as advertised or is it just "shredder thin"?

-Austin

Like it was made for a little girrrrl.

Thank GOD you photoshopped underwear on that shot, Brooks!

purplehamer1.jpg

Let the NC tour begin :D .

The Purple Nurple World Tour

Archived