Hamer Fan Club Message Center

That purple hamer with white emgs

You realize you have devalued the guitar by taking it into the bathroom, don't you?

Seinfeld episode 173 - consider the purple nurple flagged.. take tree-fitty off resale.

I think it MAY have another destination first...

• 8 months later...

ok! after reading zillions of pages and some very baffling posts, I now understand about The Guitar Formerly Played By The Artist Formerly Known As Prince.

and Hamer's effort lost out to...this??

PRINCE19.jpg

There have been so many rumors and baseless conjecture about this guitar.

The deal has always been that the guitar was made for a particular diminutive artist from the Minneapolis area. At some point in late 2005, he got word that he had been chosen to perform the halftime show at a particular venue during a particular sporting event that would have a global TV audience. Several guitar companies were given the opportunity to make a guitar for him to play at that event that would promise great exposure. There were certain specs, like a white EMG HB in the bridge, a white EMG single in the neck, a Floyd Rose, single volume control and a particular neck carve (Thin V). Several companies made their version of that guitar incorporating those specs, and he had the opportunity to decide which one he wanted.

In the end, he chose a different, pale blue model, and that's what he used for the majority of the performance. The purple guitar was returned to Hamer eventually, and given to Ted.

The guitar has, and will continue to show up in random places on its HFC Tour, and will be played by as many HFC'ers as possible. At this point, that is the only existing plan, so the speculation can cease.

I think it's really, really cool that:

1) Hamer built a guitar for Prince, and for better or worse, played and evaluated it.

2) that Prince returned the instrument, instead of throwing it into a storage room, or letting one of his techs sell it on.

3) that we, as a club, now have a communal guitar with a cool history. Love or hate his music (or his taste in fashion), Prince is a seriously talented player and composer.

I think it's really, really cool that:

1) Hamer built a guitar for Prince, and for better or worse, played and evaluated it.

2) that Prince returned the instrument, instead of throwing it into a storage room, or letting one of his techs sell it on.

3) that we, as a club, now have a communal guitar with a cool history. Love or hate his music (or his taste in fashion), Prince is a seriously talented player and composer.

Absolutely WORD! Now, when is that HFC tour coming to Stockholm. I want to jam, godd damn it, green eggs and ham! :D

Archived