Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Holy F^*^in SH@#!!!!

Those that watch eBay obsessively know what I'm talking about. Anyone want to buy a few of my guitars (including the fabulous Diablo II I just received today)? Seriously. :)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! THUD!!

My hat's not even in the ring for this one, cuz the fightin's gonna be fierce for this one boys!!

A Hamer shredder record could be set.

I'm guessing that if this auction doesn't get the infamous 'auction ended early because this item is no longer for sale', this Cali will set the new record for highest sale price...but we'll probably never know since chances are good that there will be a behind the scenes deal made. I'm out (hell, I was out before the first bid), but good luck to all of those that are getting ready to re-mortgage their houses and sell off their first born children for this guitar. :)

Anyone remember how much this one went for on ebay a few years back?? It's the only other one I've seen on there. I happen to like it the best of the two.

caliset1.jpg

caliset2.jpg

I'm thinking it went overseas and was something like $2475. That was back when bolt-on maple Calis were typically less than a $1000 too. I'm thinking this should be up over $3000 pretty easy.

maybe we should start a pool?

The person closest to the selling price.

Half goes to the winner and the other half goes to an HFCer to offset the cost :) (or everything to the winner if an HFCer doesnt win the auction)

I assume however Austin will be at the top, so he might be all for this.

Good luck!

I'll go for your Cali. You know it , right? I still need a company for that chappy.

I just need to clean it up and take some decent pics this weekend and it will be on the block. You'll be the first to know.

-

Austin

Anyone remember how much this one went for on ebay a few years back?? It's the only other one I've seen on there. I happen to like it the best of the two.

caliset1.jpg

caliset2.jpg

I'm thinking it went overseas and was something like $2475. That was back when bolt-on maple Calis were typically less than a $1000 too. I'm thinking this should be up over $3000 pretty easy.

Hmm, I don't remember seeing that one, but other than the binding, I like everything about the current one more. There was a typical white one from a seller in Russia that went for 2.5K a while back, and before that there was a pseudo-Cali that would have broken 2K if not for the ludicrous custom-ordered control placement (although I still kind of kick myself for not going for that one; who knows, maybe the controls were actually perfectly placed :))

HAM1.jpg

So yeah, I'm thinking this one might end up making my Studio Custom look cheap (ouch!) by the time the auction is over.

If I tell you how much was paid for the last Cali set neck , pretty much like this one, you are gonna kill me, or even worse (I'm pretty sure Austin will come up with something really perverted) , but it was sold for $500. That's right, only 3 digit number, I saw it, and up until this day it burns me. 5 freakin' hundred dollars.

One guy didn't even know what he bought, as well as the other did not know what he sold. And I happened to be involved with both. September 06'. Pretty much one of the most memorable days in my years of collecting guitars.

The guitar appeared with the pics shot with some shitty phone camera, from like 15 feet away, no back pic, just front, all blurry like hell , only 2 pics - front and then front again. From that distance it looked exactly like korean clear coat, no wood structure no nothing, $500 Buy It Now, I saw it 1 hour after it was posted. I copied the pic into photoshop, tried to increase , adjust image, then when floyd cleared I was 90% sure it's USA, didn't even know it was a set neck. Returned back to ebay 10 min later - it was snatched. Guitar went overseas. And then I saw a real pic of it after several months I just flipped. And it was real Cali , one volume. And so mint AGGRRHHHHHHHHHHH ! just see for yourself . ( will try to post some pics now)

2000174830098663574SMcGAk_th.jpg

2381018450098663574HMcnWS_th.jpg

2681412750098663574EuJTEw_th.jpg

And I was there! Burn , JK , Burn!

Oh this is going to be interesting....

If I tell you how much was paid for the last Cali set neck , pretty much like this one, you are gonna kill me, or even worse (I'm pretty sure Austin will come up with something really perverted) , but it was sold for $500. That's right, only 3 digit number, I saw it, and up until this day it burns me. 5 freakin' hundred dollars.

One guy didn't even know what he bought, as well as the other did not know what he sold. And I happened to be involved with both. September 06'. Pretty much one of the most memorable days in my years of collecting guitars.

The guitar appeared with the pics shot with some shitty phone camera, from like 15 feet away, no back pic, just front, all blurry like hell , only 2 pics - front and then front again. From that distance it looked exactly like korean clear coat, no wood structure no nothing, $500 Buy It Now, I saw it 1 hour after it was posted. I copied the pic into photoshop, tried to increase , adjust image, then when floyd cleared I was 90% sure it's USA, didn't even know it was a set neck. Returned back to ebay 10 min later - it was snatched. Guitar went overseas. And then I saw a real pic of it after several months I just flipped. And it was real Cali , one volume. And so mint AGGRRHHHHHHHHHHH ! just see for yourself . ( will try to post some pics now)

2000174830098663574SMcGAk_th.jpg

2381018450098663574HMcnWS_th.jpg

2681412750098663574EuJTEw_th.jpg

And I was there! Burn , JK , Burn!

Where's the fainting smiley? :) :)

Archived