Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Holy F^*^in SH@#!!!!

This one is also a SET NECK which makes it stupid rare and cool.

Probably not only rare, but unique. Since we've seen at least three setneck solid maple-bodied Calis, I think it's probably fair to say that solid maple is more common (in the sense that three is more than one).

But which would you rather have?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not only rare, but unique. Since we've seen at least three setneck solid maple-bodied Calis, I think it's probably fair to say that solid maple is more common (in the sense that three is more than one).

But which would you rather have?

Agreed 100%. I honestly think that sound wise, the mahogany/maple would be the hands-down winner, although the solid figured maple is "prettier". I don't really look at the backs of guitars much though!

Anyone remember how much this one went for on ebay a few years back?? It's the only other one I've seen on there. I happen to like it the best of the two.

Not the same thing. That one, and the red/orange one posted elsewhere in this thread, are maple bodies.

The current auction is a mahogany body with a maple top. I'm thinking that's a one-off, I've never heard of maple-topped Calis before. Probably more rare, but less expensive "back then".

Yeah I noticed from the start that it wasn’t a solid maple body, kind of hard not to. :)

While you are right they are not technically the same, I was only using the other as a ball park reference, to gauge the value. I’m pretty certain that my comparison was not as far fetched as comparing it to… say an import Diablo. :) They are both Cali set necks and that one happens to be only the third I’ve seen in any configuration for sale on ebay. (At least in the years I've been tracking) It won't be long until we find out what it's true value is though.

Anyone remember how much this one went for on ebay a few years back?? It's the only other one I've seen on there. I happen to like it the best of the two.

Not the same thing. That one, and the red/orange one posted elsewhere in this thread, are maple bodies.

The current auction is a mahogany body with a maple top. I'm thinking that's a one-off, I've never heard of maple-topped Calis before. Probably more rare, but less expensive "back then".

Yeah I noticed from the start that it wasn’t a solid maple body, kind of hard not to. :)

While you are right they are not technically the same, I was only using the other as a ball park reference, to gauge the value. I’m pretty certain that my comparison was not as far fetched as comparing it to… say an import Diablo. :P They are both Cali set necks and that one happens to be only the third I’ve seen in any configuration for sale on ebay. (At least in the years I've been tracking) It won't be long until we find out what it's true value is though.

Value is in the eyes of the beholder....someone just might swoop in and go $3500.00??? :):):wub:

Any thoughts on whether the tone control is original? I've seen a couple of 2 knob Calis, but I have no idea if they were original or "boogered".

You could order them with an optional tone knob. With all the optional stuff that one has its probably original.

+1

For example, I believe the purple reverse-headstock Cali Elite run Hamer did all have tone knobs.

-Austin

The suspense of this auction is torture! > *insert worlds longest drumroll*

If I were into Cali's, this would be the one I'd chase down due the Mahogany vs. Solid Maple tone differences.

Good luck atquinn! Got my fingers crossed for ya... school those ebay light-weights, show them how its done! lol

Guest pirateflynn

I haven't been on a selling spree for nothing. This one's mine.

Just kidding. I'm rooting for Austin ......... go get it man!

Guest pirateflynn

Bidder 5, a zero feedback bidder, has moved into the lead with an hour to go!

how much you wanna bet that's a shill bidder?

Yeah but this part is kind of weird??

Registered on eBay: Between 3 and 4 years

No feedback for a shill bidder's ID. It makes sense.

Only one of the 5 bidders to have waited until today to throw his hat in the ring, too.

I doubt it is a shill. Once bidder5 went over bidder4's bid they would not bid again when bidder4 out bid them again. They risk winning the auction and having no buyer.

Anyhow, look at the sellers history, he seems like your average seller, selling misc stuff and lately some guitars and guitar related stuff.

Only one of the 5 bidders to have waited until today to throw his hat in the ring, too.

Does seem rather odd that the seller would let someone with zero feedback bid. Still seems weird that they have been registered for threee or more years too. It would make more sense if they had just recently signed up. Maybe atquinn is doing it to thin the potential bidders? :)

Does seem rather odd that the seller would let someone with zero feedback bid. Still seems weird that they have been registered for threee or more years too. It would make more sense if they had just recently signed up. Maybe atquinn is doing it to thin the potential bidders? :)

He probably established that account years ago, vowing not to use it until this exact scenario.

Or, it could just be a shill.

<<He probably established that account years ago, vowing not to use it until this exact scenario.>>

sounds about right. But I hope it's Atquinn's account.

But then, why would someone risk losing out on their dream item because they have zero feedback?

Archived