Hamer Fan Club Message Center

BCR Blueburst Limited Run

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm VERY excited to see Hamer at least will consider doing import custom runs. :):):P:wub::)

Life IS Good!!!

General question: Is this Hamer or Kamen doing the custom run?

Yes.

I'm VERY excited to see Hamer at least will consider doing import custom runs. :):):P:wub::)

Life IS Good!!!

General question: Is this Hamer or Kamen doing the custom run?

Yes.

Thanks, highly informative!

EDITED TO ADD: It was my understanding that Hamer doesn't have anything to do with the import line, that it is purely a Kamen product line using the Hamer name.

Kaman is doing it for us.

According to Frank Rindone, the odds of doing this again is now almost nil. They shipping for the prototypes alone has been substantial. Getting the big juggernaut factory to turn out these few guitars is a major undertaking, so we are going to enjoy this and look back fondly. LOL

Also from Frank is an expected August delivery.

Thanks again to Kaman for being such a great company.

Kaman is doing it for us.

According to Frank Rindone, the odds of doing this again is now almost nil. They shipping for the prototypes alone has been substantial. Getting the big juggernaut factory to turn out these few guitars is a major undertaking, so we are going to enjoy this and look back fondly. LOL

Also from Frank is an expected August delivery.

Thanks again to Kaman for being such a great company.

Aw man, NOT what I wanted to see posted. I had the pot cooking. :) I want to say this just to compare not to be rude. Dean does runs of 24 guitars. They make everyone prepay $100 deposit or the dealer(s) coordinating the run will prepay for the remaining ones not spoken for. Dean's buisness model is in their import line for the most part so that maybe why they are more accepting to the idea. I respect Hamer's feelings on this but I got a couple cool ideas. The P90 Z woulda been a Bad Ass Hamer in a Natural Flametop or even Quilty Veneer. :)

The point of this is that Hamer is NOT set up to do custom imports. This was a favor they did for us. I wish we could do more.

Never say never.

Is this the guitar the Guitar Player magazine rated as one of the best guitars for under $500?

I just got the issue yesterday and I thought I saw the XT series as a best bet.

I played the quilt one yesterday and it felt and looked great. I didn't plug it in, but it was lightweight, but not "cheap" feeling at all.

Is this the guitar the Guitar Player magazine rated as one of the best guitars for under $500?

I just got the issue yesterday and I thought I saw the XT series as a best bet.

Yepp, they reviewed one from the XT series, and it was that exact model; SATQ, Sunburst Archtop Quilt. They had a roundup of 32 or so guitars under 500, and Hamer was one of the GP Editors Picks (along with 4-5 others).

Guest cruster

EDITED TO ADD: It was my understanding that Hamer doesn't have anything to do with the import line, that it is purely a Kamen product line using the Hamer name.

Is that a true statement? I seem to recall reading in one of the articles on teh interwebs about Hamer that there was a discussion about Paul Hamer wanting to expand production but Jol wanting to keep it small and not dilute the brand. Having them brought in by Kaman Music, without Hamer involvement, yet bearing the Hamer name seems...weird.

Guest Mike Lee

Kim, Jol, et al at Hamer USA have told us in the past that they do not have anything to do with the import line. They are Hamer USA, and Hamer Import is handled somewhere else within Kaman. But that may have changed, since Greg said Frank Rindone was involved on this run.

Kim, Jol, et al at Hamer USA have told us in the past that they do not have anything to do with the import line. They are Hamer USA, and Hamer Import is handled somewhere else within Kaman. But that may have changed, since Greg said Frank Rindone was involved on this run.

Well, they are still based on USA Hamers at the very least.

I own one of these, an XT Sunburst Archtop Quilt (check the pic in my profile). They were recommended to me, so I took a chance, great axe! Sounds like a Les Paul, but plays 100x better (or was that buttah)? Liked them so much, I'm going to get myself a spare, and the Duncan Designed pickups sound VERY good, no matter what style of music you play.

Get your facts here, kids.

Mr Rindone works for Kaman, and has done so all along. He is the Hamer Product Manager, for ALL Hamer guitars, import and domestic. His office is in the Kamn building, not at the factory. Hamer is a division of Kaman, like Ovation. Kim, Jol et al had better be happy there IS an import line, since it is very profitable and gets the Hamer name out there. Against the Epiphone, Samick and other guitars in that price range, the Hamer XT line is superior in many ways. There is a definite anti-import snobbery present on this board, but I feel that it is unfounded. Kaman has created the "Hamer" of imports(though there HAVE been a few turkeys in the past....).

I will be using my import along with my BCR Limited, my Huber, my Robins and vintage Les Pauls at gigs, and this guitar will stand up with the rest.

I will continue to work with Hamer and Kaman to offer unique and creative guitars, and hope that the effort is met with support and objectivity.

Guest pirateflynn

the Hamer XT line is superior in many ways.

Yes, but while playing a left handed one will the logo look upside down?

lol

Guest cruster
...His office is in the Kamn building...

Kamn building? Would that be the Kick-Ass Mystic Ninjas building, the Gratiot Community Airport building or the low-power TeeVee repeater building on Maui? :)

I'm kidding...informative post. I agree about the anti-import snobbery; wasn't there a big stink about the import Duotones a while back? Do you know which factory is building the XTs for Kaman?

I like the imports for the money. You can find those Scarabs dirt cheap now. I think an import Standard Flametop with a blueburst or something different like that would sell out quickly as well.

those really look nice....

i'd really like to try one out...

i've been impressed with the increasing quality coming out of Korea from several brands...

i know what was going thru Gene's (BTMN) mind...the Limited Run Deans are a good deal nicer than the production imports and stimulated a LOT of interest...i too would be drooling over the thought of Hamer and Greg doing some of that...

those really look nice....

i'd really like to try one out...

i've been impressed with the increasing quality coming out of Korea from several brands...

i know what was going thru Gene's (BTMN) mind...the Limited Run Deans are a good deal nicer than the production imports and stimulated a LOT of interest...i too would be drooling over the thought of Hamer and Greg doing some of that...

The XT's are made in China, not Korea. But they appear just as nice.

Guest Mike Lee

the Hamer XT line is superior in many ways.

Yes, but while playing a left handed one will the logo look upside down?

lol

That's a trick question! As Greg said earlier, there will be NO left handed versions...

The "aquaburst" finish reminds me of the similar finish on the tremolo'd Studio where Rechts photoshoped a magnifying glass with a shark eating spiderman. Where is that picture?

I have the black and creme XT standard and it is a great guitar. Paid nearly the HFC standard of tree-fiddy for it ($349 w/o case) and I love it. I want a USA to match my USA Cruise Bass but am gonna have to wait a few more years. If you don't have the money the XT seems to me to be much better than many of the other guitars available at that price or higher.

• 5 months later...

Archived