Hamer Fan Club Message Center

BCR Blueburst Limited Run

FlameProto.jpg

FlametopProto.jpg

Quiltangle.jpg

Quilttires.jpg

These are the final color prototypes, and the cool thing is that these guitars will sell for not much more than a custom color upcharge on a USA.

That's right, these are XT Guitars! 6 Flametops and 6 Quilt tops(the Quilts will have the crowns and full Ultimate binding as well!). They just came in, so I whipped up these quick shots, more info later as time allows.

Yup, we get cool stuff from our friends at Hamer.....

BlueburstQuiltClose.jpg

(edited because I posted the wrong number of guitars in each run, I am a moron. Thank you.)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right, these are XT Guitars!

XT... are they made in Korea? (Or is it Japan?)

How thick is the maple veneer compared to the maple top on an American made?

Are they all also going to have the "natural" mahogany back shown on your quilt color test one? Natural just kills with a bluish finish.

Please email me prices too :)

Doesn't this kind of product erode the value of legit made in USA Hamers? You buy a hand made custom guitar with a particular look, and they're knocking them off overseas with the same name on the headstock years later? I love what BCR Gregs does, but this to my mind is akin to the walmartification of Hamer. Me no likee!

Those guitars look awesome, even if they're XT's - now I wonder how they sound & feel. Yes, this is the walmartification of Hamer but it looks like there's no escaping this trend. The horse ran out of the barn a long time ago.

I just received a couple calls about Dasein's post, so here's my take.

These are not "Knockoffs", per se. These are guitars that I commisioned, inspired by my USA Custom stuff but in no way replacing them. This is our way of having a great guitar at a very good price that is distinct and exclusive... our own color and combination(natural back and sides is not offered on the regular guitars) with bigger necks and super fancy veneer tops. Kaman rewarded our long and successful relationship by offering this for us, and we actually could have gone much farther in the design and feature menu than we did. We are doing 6 of each model, and any future ones will have something different about them.

The product line in general has already been "Walmarted", we wanted a higher quality import with a unique look and feel and we got it.

With most guitar companies, the imports are hastily slapped together parodies of the main products, this was a rare chance to have a lower cost but still high quality version of the admittedly expensive USA handbuilt guitars.

Oh, and I just dropped a Rio BBQ in the quilt top and it KILLS. MINE!

Hey -- no disrespect intended. I support your right and probably even the business decision behind these guitars. It just makes me a bit nostalgic for the days when having a hamer on your headstock took more commitment.

I love the look and support the decision -- a great way to get quality in more hands (old fuddy purists snobs like me be damned).

Dean has been doing custom 24 guitar runs for about 3 years now and is actually getting out of hand too. :) I was a motivater behind a then 12 guitar run in '05 that ended up being 17 guitars and was based on a BCR designed Hamer. I also remember talking with Frank Untermeyer on the rides to and from the hotel in '04 about an Open House import guitar run like Dean had done. Dean does **/50 in a guitar and **/12 basses yet this year the basses went back to 25 as they were the first year they did this in '03.

Real nice stuff Greg! The Quilty one is Great looking. So the run will NOT be Natural backs huh?

:):):):P Yeah, and me looking at a $750 engine Control module for my Integra. That is on top of the $700 I put in it in February and the $1100 I put in it earlier this month. Guess that's what I get for not having a car payment for 9 years. :P

Now about these guitars........ :wub: I'll have to get back to ya......Korina like.....

Guest cruster

Oh, and I just dropped a Rio BBQ in the quilt top and it KILLS. MINE!

So, how much is a 'custom color upcharge' for reference? How much for a pair of Rios to replace the stock pups? Are the tuners and bridge typical of imports in that they need replacing, too? How about the pots and wiring?

Archived