Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Collection Pics

considering all the work this took, dern right i'm gonna post it everywhere...

:):):D:D

GitSofa2.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Poe...

we GOTTA hook up one of these days...

Sweet! What's the mahogany-looking thing that is top dead center? Not the Dean, the one next to it?

Anyting you feel the need to lose that Talman, let me know. I never should have let mine go.

my one-off Bowen Woody Custom....traded for it....some unknown luthier....mahogany and cocobolo....single volume and 3 way with GFS 59s....my buddy absolutley hates it but i love it....reminds me of a Carvin, especially the neck, in feel and playability...has a distinct tone that's 'must-have' for some of my clean stuff...

got that Talman from BCR Greg a couple months ago....my 3rd attempt with lipsticks....when i heard it and felt the neck, it was mine!....about 10 minutes after telling Greg i wasn't gonna buy a guitar that day.... :)

Talman to the top row P90 Z in it's spot! :)

tried the Z there first...wouldn't stay up...i agree that placement could be better but i was real worried about a dominoe crash...

wanted the new pups (Vintage Vibe humbucking P90s) in the Artist Korina so it could be in the pic....just got that done Friday...

Talman to the top row P90 Z in it's spot! :D

tried the Z there first...wouldn't stay up...i agree that placement could be better but i was real worried about a dominoe crash...

wanted the new pups (Vintage Vibe humbucking P90s) in the Artist Korina so it could be in the pic....just got that done Friday...

:):D:D

I'm just busting your chops. Rawk ON! :)

LOL....i know....but DID immediately notice some poor arranging...i just held my breath, stepped softly, snapped the pics, and didn't relax until most were safely in their cases....

hey guys have a good 1... never enough guitars

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/iownit4/35accb76.jpg

i guess those are great in bed??? :)

An older one of everything at the time. Hamers, an EB-3, MusicMan and Charvel, plus a couple cheapies

thefamily.jpg

a 2nd gen Phantom Custom I used to have

PhantomCustomerbody.jpg

plus a Blitz bass, P-90 Special, Duotone Custom and Chaparral Sustainiac that used to be in the fold...

OldHamergroup.jpgOldTLEDuoCustandChapSus.jpg

and the most recent addition, an import Chap bass (that is actually pretty dang cool.

SlammerChap3.jpg

Great pics everybody!

Best Wishes

OOH nice Blitz guitar. Got any close single shots of it. Who did the conversion to a tune-a-matic :) setup?

Here are a couple group shots of my "Korina" guitars.

18kp7.jpg

18kp5.jpg

Hamer Mini LoveTone Monster...... icon8.gif

18kp16.jpg

CNN -- Breaking News--

At the request of Dean Zelinsky and Jol Dantzig, the FBI raided the house of a caped mask wearing Florida man today where they found he had been hording the world's supply of Korina wood. Apparently, Dantzig is in dire need of more Korina due to constant requests for Hamer Korina Jrs from an unamed guitar store in central PA.

As usual, Gibson announced they would file a lawsuit.

The Blitz was my first 6 string Hamer. Bought it in a pawnshop for $85.00 in the early 90s. (Body was cracked diagonally from upper bout to control jack... :) ) was originally metallic blue and had to strip to repair. I even found out later I knew the original owner, who had traded it before the break occured (great local player who taught it all the right notes:D )

83blitzoutside.jpg

A friend and coworker of mine did the conversion for me. The sustainblock trem wasn't my thing, so we thought a hardtail would be more stable after the repair. He had a nice piece of mahogany at the time, and with the shape the rest of the guitar was in, I didn't worry about a close match in color.

The guy who did the conversion was Pete Skermetta (who actually built the custom side of things for Fernandes for the last few years (don't know if he's still there now.) He'd built guitars for customers at the little shop we worked at that were just awesome--So I bugged him a bit and he did that for me as a quick freebie (I thought the guitar might still wind up as a wall ornament after the break,) and it turned out great. (funny enough, when we looked at it closer later, we'd realized that he'd mounted the tailpiece a smidge off center :) ) Can't complain, though. Free, quick and solid as a rock.

It's an '83 and a great sounding guitar. (Gotta make a sound clip now, I suppose! :D )

Best Wishes

wow, nice stuff guys.

poe, i thought you were a public school teacher,

is denise independently wealthy?! :)

rob's rawkstar pose in bed is classic.

i'm down to 2 electrics, which are both keepers;

GLDUO.jpg

Here are a couple group shots of my "Korina" guitars.

18kp7.jpg

That's an incredible collection !

And the downsized Standard is fantastic !

GMPGroup.jpg

Now I know why GMPs hardly ever show up on eBay...DAYUM! :)

Wow! Those GMP's look fantastic. It is too bad they are no longer making guitars, they were producing some very good stuff.

Yeah Batman has some very cool Korina pieces and I didn't realize Poe had 3 Hubers. Nik is building some nice stuff as well.

Keep posting the collections guys! Very impressive.

Hamerica

Archived