Hamer Fan Club Message Center

A very special Eclipse for sale.

Eclipsesun.jpg

Originally Stevie's, this Eclipse now belongs to my buddy Carl. He never plays it(he's got a few fantastic guitars within reach at all times!), so it's up for grabs. I made black moto pickup rings and tr cover for it, and it sports the BCR modded vol/vol/tone setup. Pearl tuner buttons and a fantasticly clean Candy Green/Blue finish round out the bill. Nice neck, killer tones, rare and clean.

$699 with case.

If this is the flip/flop finish, there's a 2TEK Cruise on the bay now with that finish. I had an Eclipse 12 (that is now owned by BroChris) in that same finish. Other than this Eclipse and now that 2TEK, I've not seen any other Hamers done in this finish and it is not in any catalogs or spec sheets. IIRC these were done in 1995 and my guess is that the serial numbers are all pretty close. Very cool.

If this is the flip/flop finish, there's a 2TEK Cruise on the bay now with that finish. I had an Eclipse 12 (that is now owned by BroChris) in that same finish. Other than this Eclipse and now that 2TEK, I've not seen any other Hamers done in this finish and it is not in any catalogs or spec sheets. IIRC these were done in 1995 and my guess is that the serial numbers are all pretty close. Very cool.

There's at least one more. I had it for a while and, IIRC, it now resides with TomTerrific (BD scratches his head wondering if the onset of Alzheimers has begun). Very cool finish.

For some reason, I thought that was the same one as this one. Certainly not that many of them out there in any event-was yours a '95 also?

There's at least one more. I had it for a while and, IIRC, it now resides with TomTerrific (BD scratches his head wondering if the onset of Alzheimers has begun). Very cool finish.

And then there's the one in the photo below, which is still resting peacefully in Bayou Country.

gearcollection.jpg

i had one too a few years back which recently resurfaced on ebay. i wuz under the impression that badgerdave won it (?). I remember it having some minor pizza fingers under the clear on the back.

eclipse12b.jpg

eclipse12f.jpg

Here's a photo of the flip/flop Eclipse 6 that I used to own:

1119383358414_BGafc2.jpg

I don't remember if it was a '95, but I may be able to dig up a photo of the serial # tonight.

My Eclipse 12 is the more common metallic candy green finish. No finish issues on the back, so I'm guessing it's different from your old one, Gus.

Eclipses are great guitars and becoming harder to find every day. I doubt Greg's will be available for long.

I've also seen a B-8s in that finish. That should have been (should be!)a stock finish, but it wasn't.

i had one too a few years back which recently resurfaced on ebay. i wuz under the impression that badgerdave won it (?). I remember it having some minor pizza fingers under the clear on the back.

eclipse12b.jpg

eclipse12f.jpg

I'm wondering if that isn't the one that I had and swapped to BroChris. I forget who I got it from years ago... It was a GREAT guitar though.

The flip/flop finish is NOT the candy green/7Up Green that was a standard color.

steve, dave,

mine was 540600 and i got it from minnesota. the finish marks i speak of were under the clear and real hard to notice (under certain angles only). i only noticed them months into owning the guitar.

I had to check mine after seeing this. Both are the candy metallic green finish. No flip/flop :P

612StringEclipses-1-1.jpg

steve, dave,

mine was 540600 and i got it from minnesota. the finish marks i speak of were under the clear and real hard to notice (under certain angles only). i only noticed them months into owning the guitar.

Gus,

I checked the serial number on mine. It is the same guitar that you owned. It took awhile, but I think I spotted the "pizza fingers". There's a smudge on the heel of the neck. Great guitar, BTW. After trying a couple of Ricks, an old Fender, a Newport 12 and some others, I'm convinced that the Eclipse 12 is THE perfect 12 string electric.

It is definitely a cool color (and a great 12 string).Eclipse12head.jpg

Dave,

what makes it superior to the newport 12 you tried?

also what is this flip flop finish?

it looks like candy apple green to me too. it can look green or sparkly turquoiseish depending on the lighting

Dave,

what makes it superior to the newport 12 you tried?

also what is this flip flop finish?

it looks like candy apple green to me too. it can look green or sparkly turquoiseish depending on the lighting

Gus, IMO, the Newport 12 was close to perfect, but it had a few features that I would have changed, including the all maple body and top and the bridge. Mine souded just a bit too bright and a little unfocused. The bridge on mine developed a tendency to vibrate (as did the toggle switch). In contrast, the Eclipse sounds "woodier" has more mids, a tighter low end and clearer highs. Plus the bridge is rock solid. I also like the compact body on the Eclipse. Of course, my opinion is based on just one example of the Newport 12 and a couple of Eclipses. YMMV.

The flip flop finish is VERY similar to the candy green and you're right about the candy green looking slightly turquoise in certain light. The flip flop differs in that it turns a distinctly different shade of bright blue as you move it in the light. The effect is not at all subtle. I'm just speculating here, but perhaps the flip flop finish is the unintended result of a slightly different clearcoat used in '95 that has yellowed over time?

No, it was intentional. Flipflop paint technology came about pretty heavily about then, and Hamer gave it the old college try. Flipflops are a BITCH to buff, too much heat or pressure and you get a spot that just flips.

Exactly - Duncan Minis are there version of the Firebird pickups.

Cool little units.

Archived