Hamer Fan Club Message Center

USA Fender Jazzmaster in SEAFOAM!

P2110021.jpg

JM32.jpg

Recent Fender ’62 USA Reissue Jazzmaster in seafoam green. My acquisition of a ’65 JM makes this one redundant, so I thought I’d offer it here first. Sorry for the crappy photos. They make the guitar look more Daphne blue, but in person, it is definitely seafoam. I can take more to order if you’re interested. Completely stock except for the addition of a pearl pickguard and a Buzzstop. Excellent condition, looks new except for one tiny chip on the back/bottom edge. I owned the guitar for a week before I noticed it. Precision setup for low action, no buzzes and great tone. Original white pickguard and original Fender brown/yellow plush hard shell case included. Comes with a big bag of Fender Factory tags, strap, etc. Light for a JM, about 8 lbs. Sounds like a great JM should.

$1,000.00 shipped, lower 48. I’ll ship just about anywhere else (even Canada!) at actual cost. Add 3% for PayPal.

PM or email at: dave.owenATgeDOTcom

Or for the poorman:

jtjazzmaster.jpg

:lol:

Not a hijack, REALLY! Just thought it was funny! No harm/pimp meant. Buy Dave's fiddle. I've recently been intrigued by that body style...

Yes, the '65 is the sunburst in the center of the second photo. Bought it at a guitar show. At the time it was unplayable past the 7th fret because of a horrible partial refret. After a full refret and set-up, it's magic.

The burgundy mist model on the far right is a Nash. I'd let that one go if someone offered me close to what I paid for it - $1,400 plus shipping.

How´s that Nash Jazzmaster?

I haven´t heard much about them so far but that one looks cool!

The Nash is very different from the USA Reissue. Sort of like comparing a Cadillac to a Lotus. The Nash is stripped down, bare bones and a lot of fun. The sounds are similar, but the feel isn't. The Nash is lighter and it feels like a pair of old blue jeans. Either you like Bill Nash's "artistry" or you don't. I think he goes a bit overboard with the relicing, but I appreciate this JM for what it is. Most, but not all, of the finish has been removed from the back of the neck and it feels perfect. Pickups are Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder JM models. The tremolo is functional, but not as smooth as a genuine Fender model.

Nash has only made a handful of Jazzmasters. I suspect that this is the only burgundy mist one. The headstock is painted to match the body. I understand that this is somewhat rare on a Nash.

I AGREE. Also the seafoam fender looks fantastic too. But I´m into vintage guitars these days. So should you come across a vintage Fender JM or a Hamer Special I´d be very happy to know...

Listening to the new "Dinosaur Jr" makes me wanna own a matching headstock vintage JM...Arrrgghhh..

J M ascis J azz M aster...

I AGREE. Also the seafoam fender looks fantastic too. But I´m into vintage guitars these days. So should you come across a vintage Fender JM or a Hamer Special I´d be very happy to know...

Listening to the new "Dinosaur Jr" makes me wanna own a matching headstock vintage JM...Arrrgghhh..

J M ascis J azz M aster...

Vintage Jazzmasters are easy to find. All of the big vintage dealers have them. Unfortunately, prices have gone from $2,000.00 to $5,00.00 and up in less than a year. $5K could still be a bargain, though. IMO, they are one of the last "great" vintage guitars that are still (relatively) affordable.

Guest pirateflynn

I shoulda kept mine. A Blonde '59 and a Candy Apple Red '62 that I bought from Norm's Rare Guitars around '89. I think they were $1,200 and $900. ..... something like that.

I'm VERY glad I got my JM when I did. Other than the neckplate and the finish (body was stripped), it's all original and I was able to snag it for under $1300 last October. That's the last JM I've seen on fleabay at that price in any condition since then and many with lots more issues are selling more than that. Jags have jumped a lot since Feb or so, so I was glad I snagged the two '66s I did, even though I prefer JMs.

I think a '62 Jag project went for @ $1,200 last night, didn't it?

Just had a look at ebay. Vintages JMs very very expensive and still have replacements. Crazy!!!

Still want another one though but I guess it takes a while...

Also still looking for a vintage hamer special with checkerboard logo.. Life´s tough on me these days...

I think a '62 Jag project went for @ $1,200 last night, didn't it?

Didn't see the final # on that, but it was from out of the US, no Paypal (IIRC) and low feedback. It also wasn't yellow or SFG!

100_3233.jpg

The Nash is very different from the USA Reissue. Sort of like comparing a Cadillac to a Lotus. The Nash is stripped down, bare bones and a lot of fun. The sounds are similar, but the feel isn't. The Nash is lighter and it feels like a pair of old blue jeans. Either you like Bill Nash's "artistry" or you don't. I think he goes a bit overboard with the relicing, but I appreciate this JM for what it is. Most, but not all, of the finish has been removed from the back of the neck and it feels perfect. Pickups are Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder JM models. The tremolo is functional, but not as smooth as a genuine Fender model.

Nash has only made a handful of Jazzmasters. I suspect that this is the only burgundy mist one. The headstock is painted to match the body. I understand that this is somewhat rare on a Nash.

Which one do you like better?

The '65 :lol:

Edited to add:

I'm going on vacation beginning Thursday of next week (5/10), so I won't be able to answer questions (or ship the guitar) after early next week. So, HURRY! LIMITED TIME OFFER, ACT NOW!!!!!!

:)

Edited to add:

I'm going on vacation beginning Thursday of next week (5/10), so I won't be able to answer questions (or ship the guitar) after early next week. So, HURRY! LIMITED TIME OFFER, ACT NOW!!!!!!

Seriously, the Nash or the USA Reissue?

Edited to add:

Seriously, the Nash or the USA Reissue?

The Nash. By a hair. Mostly because it's unique and a little strange. That appeals to me.

The Fender is more refined. The Nash is kinda' punk.

• 1 month later...

Bump. The Fender and Nash are both still available.

Not looking for trades unless you have a Victoria 20112 or 5112 or something similar in a guru-built (i.e., easily flippable) 1x12 combo with 20 watts or less. I'd also consider trading one (plus $) or both for a PRS McCarty, CU22, Singlecut or Santana III.

Around my house, we call that "Stevefoam Green". My son coined that a few years ago because Uncle Steve has/had so many Seafoam/Surf Green guitars.

He really thought that's what it was called!

Archived