Hamer Fan Club Message Center

When do we hit ten years of the HFC?

I've been here since mid summer 1997 or so-not long after my daughter was born. Steve-are you sure? I thought that you were here earlier than that!

I guess that means we should start organizing a 10-year HFC anniversary party, kind of like an open house event.

** ducking **

Steve, I found the HFC from a link on the official Hamer website. I really think I showed up in February 1998 or earlier. It was definitely over six months before the first HFC event that year. The whole idea was just a thread here that started after I had been around for a while.

We are coming up on a tenth anniversary during this year, but the question is when.

I guess that means we should start organizing a 10-year HFC anniversary party, kind of like an open house event.

** ducking **

Will there be an open house this year? :unsure:

** ducking **

We could call it the HFC "half-a-twenty" celebration :unsure:

:lol::D:D:D:DB)

I remember fondly my welcome to the HFC - I had passed the natural quilt Virtuoso to Darc and was looking for a replacement. I believe Joe greeted me with 'fuggedaboutit - you ain't gonna find another one' (personally, I like Joe - all my dealings with him have been positive and I enjoy listening to his opinions lol). Thankfully, a pair of HFC brethren swapped me back into a Virt... many thanks to Turbo Gerbil and Raging Aardvark (who now own a bunch of my former shredders). Also miss Rocket Scientist, who has the shredders that TG and RA didn't get to first lol.

somewhere on on old hard drive, I have the .zip files that Ted offered up "back in the day' with a whole bunch of html files from when Kim and Jol posted regularly on the HFC. it was fun to read those, and it helped connect the dots on some of the classic HFC shenanegins. the 'good old days' lol...

I remember fondly my welcome to the HFC - I had passed the natural quilt Virtuoso to Darc and was looking for a replacement. I believe Joe greeted me with 'fuggedaboutit - you ain't gonna find another one' (personally, I like Joe - all my dealings with him have been positive and I enjoy listening to his opinions lol). Thankfully, a pair of HFC brethren swapped me back into a Virt... many thanks to Turbo Gerbil and Raging Aardvark (who now own a bunch of my former shredders).

Heh.. that kinda goes with the time before that with me telling the Aard one day... you know, a Virt would be pretty cool to have and of course he was like, " yeah.. good luck with that.".

Then I walked into the downtown Guitar Center one day and there it was. :unsure:

I hope it's getting good use at Casa De Stonge. I need to come visit it sometime.

I remember fondly my welcome to the HFC - I had passed the natural quilt Virtuoso to Darc and was looking for a replacement. I believe Joe greeted me with 'fuggedaboutit - you ain't gonna find another one' (personally, I like Joe - all my dealings with him have been positive and I enjoy listening to his opinions lol). Thankfully, a pair of HFC brethren swapped me back into a Virt... many thanks to Turbo Gerbil and Raging Aardvark (who now own a bunch of my former shredders).

Heh.. that kinda goes with me telling the Aard one day... you know, a Virt would be pretty cool to have and of course he was like, " yeah.. good luck with that.".

Then I walked into the downtown Guitar Center one day and there it was. :unsure:

I hope it's getting good use at Casa De Stonge. I need to come visit it sometime.

If I remember correctly Stonge is currently using it to help balance a wobbly table in the dining room.

How about a late September Jam in the subject of the longest thread, Columbus, Ohio? Wasn't that the 175 response thread? B) MMM Donatos. :unsure::lol:

Ahh the land of the "Dreamy One" as BCRGreg likes to call him. I remember hitting this place in late '97. Uncle Ted Martin might have to wiegh in here.

So, do we want to plan a "Half-A-Twenty" celebration? If not at the Hamer factory, where? We already have regional jams. What would we do to make the 10th anniversary special?

Vegas? :lol:

A carribbean cruise or an island somewhere? (No, Rhode Island and Long Island don't count!)

NYC?

MSP?

Chicago?

Or, maybe - if we call New Hartford and ask real nice.... :unsure:

P.S. Columbus is fine with me too!

So, do we want to plan a "Half-A-Twenty" celebration? If not at the Hamer factory, where? We already have regional jams. What would we do to make the 10th anniversary special?

Well maybe if we all play nice and ask really nicely we could get Hamer to celebrate the 10th ann. of the first open house which would be in 2008. that would be a great date for an anniversary.

Let's do it in Nashville in Gibson's parking lot.

Brilliant! And be sure to put "Gibson" logos on yer headstocks.

Archived